The HR Generalist / Manager is responsible for running the daily functions of the Human Resource (HR) department including hiring and interviewing staff, administering pay, benefits, and leave, and enforcing company policies and practices. They will also be responsible for developing and executing strategic HR initiatives to support the company's overall business strategy. This role collaborates with facility managers and the Director of Human Resources at HQ to align HR practices with organizational goals, focusing on areas such as talent management, employee engagement, performance management, and organizational development. The chosen candidate acts as a trusted advisor and consultant to managers, providing guidance and support on HR policies, procedures, and best practices. The role requires an experienced HR candidate with complete understanding of HR principles, excellent communication and relationship-building skills, and the ability to drive change and influence decision-making.
- Partner with managers and leaders to understand their business needs and develop HR strategies that support organizational goals.
- Advise and assist managers in talent management activities, including performance management, succession planning, and career development.
- Collaborate with managers to identify staffing needs, participate in the recruitment process, and support the selection and onboarding of new employees.
- Develop and implement employee engagement initiatives to foster a positive work culture and enhance employee satisfaction and productivity.
- Provide guidance and support to managers and employees on HR policies, procedures, and best practices, ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Advocate for employees by addressing and resolving employee relations issues, conducting investigations when necessary, and recommending appropriate actions.
- Analyze HR metrics and data to identify trends, gaps, and areas for improvement, and develop and implement strategies to address them.
- Conduct training sessions and workshops to enhance managers' and employees' understanding of HR-related topics and promote professional development.
- Stay current on HR trends, best practices, and legal requirements to proactively address emerging issues and recommend innovative solutions.
- Takes responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight.
- Collaborates with other members of the organization to ensure that overall company goals and deadlines are met on time.
- Uses technical and experiential knowledge to help support the organization’s mission.
- Keeps relevant and informed of changes in the field of knowledge and experience.
- Leads meetings to keep employees informed of company policy changes and serves as a reference to answer questions regarding policies and procedures.
- Works effectively with managers and individual contributors, sharing knowledge, resources, and experience to achieve goals in a timely fashion, while promoting respect, communication, and teamwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Skills and Abilities:
- Building trust: The ability to inspire and motivate others and lead by example to create effective teams that produce consistent superior results.
- Communication skills: The ability to articulate ideas and goals effectively, clearly, and professionally within all levels of the organization to inspire, influence and move others to action. Provides meaning and clarity to others.
- Emotional intelligence: Necessary to recognize own strengths and weaknesses and to effectively relate with the objective to bring out the best in others and self. Self-management to maintain a positive outlook during stressful situations and strong relationship-management skills to influence, coach, and mentor others to resolve conflict effectively.
- Goal oriented: The ability to understand the organization’s business goals and mission to strategically prioritize departmental initiatives and lead teams with a common vision.
- Leadership and Performance Management skills: The ability to lead and manage a team of employees, including setting expectations, delegating responsibilities, assessing, and addressing performance, and providing feedback and coaching, while creating a positive and supportive work environment that fosters employee growth and development.
- Organization and planning skills: The ability to oversee multiple projects and varied timeliness and deadlines to meet objectives. Seeing the picture and how different elements interact are critical aspects of the planning process.
- Process optimization: The ability to manage execution by continuously improving processes, maximizing efficiencies, and reducing waste.
- Sound decision making and critical thinking skills: The ability to effectively analyze complex business problems and implement plans for moving forward. This involves engaging in constructive conflict to invite diverse perspectives, thorough consideration of different viewpoints and effective closure to ensure stakeholders alignment with company goals.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field.
- Previous experience as an HR Business Partner or in a strategic HR role.
- Experience with HRIS systems and other HR-related software.
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Certification in HR (e.g., SHRM-CP, PHR) is a plus.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical dexterity: The employee must be able to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle and feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Vision: The vision requirements for this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Endurance: The employee must be able to perform tasks in a fast-paced office environment.
- Exposure to elements: The employee will be working in an office environment and may be exposed to minimal noise levels.
Note: The company is committed to providing a safe work environment and will provide necessary equipment and training to perform the physical demands of the job.
The Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Click here to apply online