Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resources Manager. The Human Resources Manager is a member of the Sr. Staff and will be responsible for guiding and managing the overall provision of HR services, policies, and programs to meet the needs of the workforce. They coordinate the implementation of people-related services, policies, and programs through the HR staff, reporting to the Division Manager, with a dotted line to the HR Director of North American Operations.
- Recruiting and staffing
- Organizational development
- Employment and compliance with regulatory concerns regarding employees
- Employee onboarding, development, needs assessment
- Policy development and documentation
- Employee relations
- Compensation and benefits administration
- Conducts a continuing study of all HR policies, programs and practices to keep management informed of new developments
- Prepares periodic / monthly reports for management as necessary or requested to track strategic goals
- Partners with management to communicate HR policies, procedures, programs, and laws
- Conducts investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth
- Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees
- Reviews, guides, and approves management recommendations for employment terminations
- Leads company compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements including any related to EEO, ADA, FMLA, ERISA, DOL, worker compensation, OSHA and so forth. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
- Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance with Laws and approves all information submitted. Serves as the primary contact with the company employment law attorney and outside government agencies, pertaining to Human Resources
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company HR policies and governmental laws and regulations
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive leadership experience in H.R. positions
- 5-8 years knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, and employee relations in a manufacturing facility
- Specialized training in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations and preventive labor relations, preferred
- Good written and spoken communication skills. Spanish helpful but not required
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the Sr. management team that provides overall company leadership and direction
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include knowledge of Excel and skills in HRIS
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other H.R. recognition and engagement programs and processes
- Excellent organizational management skills
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)