endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the Facility Leadership and the Division HR function to provide the facility with Human Resource services.
- Coordinate staffing activities (including recruiting, selections, and placement) for the location
- Understand the business needs of the facility and translate those needs into HR services to ensure the facility benefits from strategic Human Resource services and standardized processes.
- Ensure both the needs of the business and the needs of the people are met while driving Company’s standardized processes into the facility.
- Drive the strategic labor activities and initiatives as it relates to Union Management and Labor Relations.
- Ensure development and implementation facility strategies (i.e. training, safety, compliance, labor)
- Deploy strategies and programs as designed by the Company (e.g. compensation planning, talent management processes)
- Lead positive employee relations programs in the facility
- Facilitate issue resolution between employees and managers.
- Perform employee and labor relations duties, including grievance procedures.
- Act as a consultant to Business Leaders for Human Resource issues (i.e., career development, staffing, discipline, performance and talent management)
- Analyze HR metrics and create and implement action plans based on those metrics in line with Function and/or business objectives.
- Ensure development and implementation of training strategy
- Work collaboratively with Lean initiatives to ensure success of continuous improvement
- Ensure that Affirmative Action plans are in place and implemented.
- Coordinate facility(s)’s communication efforts (i.e., newsletters, plant meetings, etc.)
- Perform internal investigations, prepare necessary documentation, and testify at hearings, as required
- Work with Health & Safety professionals to ensure implementation of health & safety programs
- Build strong partnership with the plant union and management team.
Required Education and/or Experience:
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- 6 - 9 years in Human Resources.
- 5 - 7 years of progressive experience in an HR capacity in a manufacturing facility.
- Demonstrated experience in a Union environment (UAW/USW preferred).
- Exposure to union negotiations process
- Certification in Professional Human Resources (i.e. PHR) preferred
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field and/or equivalent professional work experience.