Viewing Job - HR Manager [EB-2133812134]
endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Reporting to the Plant General Manager, he/she will be responsible for leading all aspects of Human Resources for the Harrison facility, ensuring that corporate human resources strategies are aligned with Harrison’s business unit strategies. The Manager will be a strategic business partner to the Plant Manager and his staff, and will lead an HR staff of XXX to oversee day-to-day human resources programs and procedures for the 440 employees. The Human Resources Manager will have overall responsibility for the implementation and administration of policies and programs for the Harrison site. He/she will participate in business and strategic planning activities for the purpose of ensuring the proper utilization of HR in achieving business goals and objectives. The Human Resources lead will set, or significantly influence, the functional strategy.Duties & Responsibilities
- Defines, implements and maintains strategy, direction, and processes for the HR function, providing a visionary approach to business opportunities.
- Regularly interfaces with other internal functional areas.
- Delivers budget forecasts and long-range plans for the HR organization.
- Supervises, trains, and provides coaching and guidance to HR management and staff.
- Supports the Plant General Manager in the overall management of the business which will include providing mature leadership; evaluating organizational design and people; and serving as a sounding board as issues and challenges arise.
- Drives consistent HR policies and procedures to enhance the business’s ability to recruit, train, retain, compensate and motivate a world-class workforce. Additionally, the role will require a commitment to very high standards of performance and quality, and devising tracking and measurement systems to ensure that standards are met and exceeded.
- Develops or recruits’ human resource talent as required within the function who can help achieve the objectives of the department, elevate professionalism, and provide continuity in leadership, professional development, and succession planning.
- Looks for ways to support HRIT systems applications to enhance the efficiency of HR processes designed to support staff and line managers.
- Contributes to company-wide strategy to communicate with employees. This may include newsletters, videos, “all hands meetings”, or e-mail as tactical solutions.
- Develops and foster an effective ongoing business relationship with the hourly employees founded on trust, respect, integrity, and business acumen – be a voice for the people.
- Serves as the “eyes and ears” for management on all issues of significance arising in the operations.
- Works closely with the salaried organization; creating a talent strategy system that connects functional development and leadership.
- Drives compliance with employment, safety and labor laws.
- Acts as a moral compass for the business.
- Proactively provides solutions that develop appropriate human capital policies and practices to address specific business situations.
ExperienceThe successful candidate will have a minimum of at least 12 years of experience in roles of increasing responsibility and scope in a high-profile manufacturing environment. The most important aspects of the successful candidate’s skill sets will include:
- An undergraduate degree is required.
- 5+ years as HR manager of a medium-sized plant or multiple plants/functional areas.
- In-depth knowledge of employment, safety and labor laws.
- Experience in a global organization is preferred, with experience coordinating multi-national teams.
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record of accomplishment, reflecting a career, which includes promotions through the various human resource functions. The ability to demonstrate success in creating a human resources function perceived by business leaders as a facilitator of growth, business solutions, and process improvement will be required.
- The ability to serve as a key member of the management team and to provide leadership to the total organization on the human resource implications of the business’s strategy, business plan, available resources, and limitations. This will require the successful candidate to have solid business acumen.
- An orientation of “take action” to ensure that the human resources process facilitates decisions. This will require a tenacious, achievement-oriented, and performance-driven personality.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.IND-D05#LI-01