About the Company
Our client is a venture-backed start-up on an unstoppable mission to disrupt the antiquated $100 billion dollar clinical trial patient recruitment sector. Almost all clinical trials fall behind schedule, leaving patients unable to access the most promising treatments and pharmaceutical and biotech companies unable to quickly carry their innovations to market. The company was founded by two entrepreneurs on their third successful start-up, to unlock the potential of a true marketplace for clinical trials. They leverage proven data science and performance marketing techniques to hit a hard reset to the massive patient recruitment challenge that sits at the critical nexus of speeding delivery of the best therapeutics to the world.About the Position
This position is for a Human Resources Manager who will be responsible for all recruiting and HR activities at the Cape Town office. This position will partner with the local Director of Call Centre Operations as well as the VP of Global Operations in Austin, Texas to ensure day to day employee relations are being handled effectively. This position is the first point of contact for nearly all new employees and should embody the company's spirit, energy, and employee-driven culture.Responsibilities and Duties
Qualifications and Requirements
- Provide day to day Human Resources support and guidance to employees in the Cape Town office
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives that align with the business strategy and objectives
- Work closely with management, leadership and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues while ensuring good governance with policies and procedures
- Represent the company on all CCMA cases
- Manage the local recruitment efforts and candidate selection process.
- Conduct new employee onboarding, induction consultations, and exit interviews
- Maintain physical and digital personnel files
- Manage all benefits programs and compensation plans to ensure we are competitive in our offerings to employees
- Enforce all HR policies and processes while mitigating risk of employee dissatisfaction and litigation
- Develop, monitor and continuously improve overall HR strategies, systems, processes and procedures
- Partner with the Training Manager to assess training needs, provide training solutions and monitor training programs
- Nurture a positive work environment
- Report and analyse HR metrics to measure effectiveness and support decisions
- 5+ years’ experience resolving complex employee relations issues
- Thorough working knowledge of multiple HR disciplines including: compensation, recruitment, employee relations, diversity, performance management, benefit programs, and South African labour law including CCMA cases
- Previous Call Centre (BPO) experience will be an advantage
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and start-up exposure will be an advantage
- People oriented and results driven
- Ability to build and manage working relationships at all levels of the company
- Bachelor’s degree or related field or equivalent work experience
- Proficient computer skills are a must
- Must be available to work an American shift of 3pm-12am (4pm-1am after daylight savings time)
Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 201768 subject heading or email body.
- Salary; Market related based on experience and skills set
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Company stock options
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Casual office
Please note that due to the high volume of CV's received; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Should you not receive communication from our offices within two weeks of submission please note that your application will not be considered for this position.
We will keep your CV on file and re-establish contact with you should opportunities in line with your expertise become available again.
Should you require any additional information give us a call on 021 012 5566.