- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
- Implements and annually updates compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; develops merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures; performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, annual re-evaluation of policies.
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; conducts new-employee orientations; monitors career path program, employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing; writes and places advertisements, and maintain employee’s personnel records.
- Directs the needs assessment for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the company.
- Designs and develops HR training programs for management and employees. Develops and maintains instructional programs.
- Develops learning activities, audio-visual materials, instructor guides, and lesson plans.
- Reviews evaluations of training courses, objectives, and accomplishments.
- Makes assessments of effectiveness of training in terms of employee accomplishments and performance.
- Trains employees on Human Resources issues and practices. Presents course materials.
- Consults with management on performance, organizational, and leadership matters. Conducts needs assessments to determine measures required to enhance employee job performance and overall company performance.
- Any other duties or task required by supervisor.
Essential skills include:
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with HR metrics
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- Proven multi-tasking ability
- Experiences as HR Manager for 5 years or more
Physical Requirements and working environment
- This position requires the employee to frequently sit. In addition the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to occasionally lift and /or move up to 15 pounds.
- Ability to read and analyze hard written copy and information on a computer screen.
- In addition requires vision abilities such as close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.