The Generalist will play a key role on the HCM Business Partner team. The principal responsibility of this position is to proactively support the HCM Business Partners covering Investor Services, certain Global Private Equity funds (Infrastructure Group, US Real Estate, and Power), and Global Communications with all Human Capital initiatives and activities for these business areas on a global basis (employee population of 700+). This includes generalist responsibilities such as employee relations, the administration of FMLA and immigration cases, employee on-boarding and off-boarding, and other work that directly impacts the employees in these business segments.
- With guidance from the HRBPs, partner with managers and employees to resolve certain work-related issues in a fair, consistent, and equitable manner.
- Provide guidance, support, and recommendations for the resolution of critical and complex employee relations activities.
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the employee handbook.
- Meet with employees as needed.
On and Off Boarding Management
- Support the on-boarding and off-boarding management for both new hires and departing employees.
- Conduct new hire orientation on a bi-weekly basis.
- Propose peer mentors for new hires in the DC office
- Conduct new hire check-ins for junior to mid-level employees and manage the process for HRBPs.
- Manage off-boarding for junior to mid-level employees, including exit interviews, ensuring exit checklist completion, and the like.
- Analyze new hire check-in and exit interview feedback; proactively raise any themes or issues to HRBPs.
- Manage the full cycle leave process.
- Work with employees to support and educate them throughout the process.
- Coordinate leaves with Payroll and Benefit teams.
- Track all employee cases, ensuring paperwork is complete and compliance standards for FMLA files are met.
- Generate response documentation throughout the process.
- Share proactive updates with HRBPs.
- Own the progress of immigration cases, including key documents and correspondence with outside counsel, and sharing proactive updates with HRBPs.
- Other immigration related duties as needed.
- Review and provide guidance on certain offers, offer letters and other recruiting documents.
- Manage the Executive Assistant floater, including assignments and performance management.
- Partner with HRBPs to analyze and deliver department survey results for our annual employee engagement survey
- Draft transfer and other employee letters for HRBP review.
- Short- and long-term project work across a wide variety of HCM and firm-wide topics.
- Serve as the back-up to the HCM Junior Analyst on ad hoc assignments and projects.
- Various other tasks as assigned.
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of three years' progressive HR experience
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to effectively communicate with employees at all levels, outside vendors, etc.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Highly proactive in communication and in general
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative and innovative problem-solving skills/conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; timely in completion of work
- Ability to maintain confidentiality when exposed to situations/information of a sensitive nature
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and with all levels
- Strong attention to detail and active listening
- Ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced work environment with multiple priorities
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal employment law
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree required