Steel Manufacturer is looking for an HR Generalist to assist in the administration of HR processes to include: recruitment and selection, wage and salary administration, employee benefits administration, training and development, career and succession, performance management, safety, and the coordination of company-sponsored employee services and activities. The primary objective of this function is to develop and maintain effective employee relations.
- Communications: Coordinate employee communications to promote employee understanding of programs, policies, and objectives.
- Employee Relations: Assist in the counseling of supervisory personnel on employee relation matters, including employee discipline, and resolution of employee grievances.
- Recruitment & Selection: Conduct recruitment effort for open positions and support hiring managers in the selection process (from cultural fit, competency, behavior standpoints).
- Compensation: Administer wage and salary policies; help maintain job descriptions and evaluations on an accurate and current basis. Communicate total compensation opportunity to employees and respond to employee questions related to applicable Compensation plans and programs.
- Training and development: Assist in identifying training needs and work with corporate training team to implement programs. Facilitates training sessions locally when applicable.
- Engagement: Organize employee engagement activities
- Benefits: Perform benefits administration and communicating benefits information to employees.
- Performance Management: Coordinate performance reviews and performance improvement processes for all employees; ensure consistent application of corporate policies and procedures.
- Career & Succession: Coordinate C&S cycles, local people development committees, 360º degree feedback surveys and competency assessments; ensure consistent application of corporate policies and procedures.
- Personnel Planning.
- Record Keeping: Establish and maintain adequate personnel records for past and present employees.
- Goal Setting: Assist in the evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Compliance: Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
- Assist HR Manager with labor relations in unionized facilities.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 3 to 5 years’ experience working in Human Resources in manufacturing.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field. Possesses functional process knowledge covering multiple HR functions. Examples include: Performance Management, Recruitment and Selection, Training and Development, Career/Succession Planning, Labor Relations, Culture Management, Change Management, Employee Communications and Payroll.
- Possesses strong interpersonal skills and is a dynamic thinker who is open to change and the development of new processes that address current needs.