Surgo HR & Training manages a wide range of human resources functions that companies might otherwise outsource to multiple vendors of which one is functional outsourcing for call centre.
We are urgently looking for a HR Generalist to join our team. The purpose of this position is to be responsible for providing overall HR support to the business areas as well as ensuring that HR policies and practices are implemented in line with best practice and group standards, and provision of high level HR advice and support on HR matters, general admin, staff induction and overall people support to operations.
- Ensure consistent application of company policies and procedures
- Manage Employment Equity stats, strategy and recruitment plan
- Ensure timely submission of reports
- Ensure compliance in terms of Health and Safety
- Assisting with the management of poor work performance
- Drafting and issuing of warnings and guidance and advice to Team Leaders on misconduct and incapacity
- Provide day-to-day guidance and advice to the businesses on disciplinary issues
- Initiate hearings as well as hearing preparation for Team leaders and Operational team
- Handle all CCMA cases up to Arbitration
- Ensure implementation and compliance to company Policies and Procedures
- BBBEE/Employment Equity Status and Requirements
- Skills Development Submissions
- Ensure policies and processes are regularly kept up to date
- Identify where business practices require policies not already in place
- Ensure relevant staff are aware and knowledgeable of policies and procedures
Policies and Processes
- General Administration
- Maintain personnel records and files
- Creation and revision of all contracts of employment
- Ensure all contracts are issued and returned in a timely manner
- All information correctly captured on contracts of employment
- Filing completed in a timely and correct manner
- ISO Administration – induction and termination checklist and job descriptions
- Overall decrease with regards to Disciplinary Action
- Effective and disciplined cost management across all practices, including outsourced partners related to the HR department
- Establishing good relationships with suppliers and outsourced partners
- Monitoring supplier and outsourced partner productivity
- Ensure competent and motivated staff are available within the HR department to support the department’s business objectives
- Constant revision of new recruitment procedures (i.e. Job application and on boarding processes)
- Keep track of recruitment metrics
- Implement new sourcing methods
- Research and choose job advertising options
- Advise hiring managers on interview techniques
- Recommend ways on how to improve employer brand
- Coordinate with department managers to forecast future hiring needs
- Stay up to date on labour legislation and inform recruiters and managers about changes in regulations
- Preferably more than 3-4 years in a similar position, preferably from a Call Centre Environment
- Ability to work independently, without close supervision
- A strategic thinker with a proven track record of implementing process and ideas
- Good PC skills (Excel essential)
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Experience with Disciplinary Hearings and CCMA representations
- Experience with Employment Equity and skills development
- An HR qualification or equivalent is essential
- Accountable and responsable
- High level of integrity
- Open and transparent
Salary: R35 000 Per month Negotiable depending on experience and skill set.
Working Conditions: Remotely while lockdown is still in effect. Thereafter possibility of blended on-site and remote work.
Working Hours: 8am - 5pm Monday to Friday
Should you wish to apply for the position, please apply directly via this job board, please ensure that you quote reference number 201774 subject heading or email body.
Please note that due to the high volume of CV's received; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Should you not receive communication from our offices within two weeks of submission please note that your application will not be considered for this position.
We will keep your CV on file and re-establish contact with you should opportunities in line with your expertise become available again.