Title: HR Generalist
Job Code: EB-1938285328
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated HR Generalist to work on-site with our client, a leading government defense contractor in Tempe, AZ.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Coordinate, develop, and ensure a sound employee relations program regarding disciplinary actions, promotions, demotions, transfers, separations, reductions in force, employee issues, and other related matters.
- Advise and answer questions regarding human resources policies, procedures, benefits matters.
- Administer FMLA.
- Provide project support for talent management initiatives, including but not limited to succession planning, performance management, leadership development and training programs.
- Represent the company for any unemployment claims.
- Assist with processing new hires, ensure drug and background screens are complete. Participate in New Hire Orientation as needed. Work with managers to develop and update job descriptions as needed.
- Support compensation and other initiatives related to incentive plans, job evaluations, and other compensation matters.
- Coordinates and/or develop and deliver training for management, employees, and other internal stakeholders.
- Support affirmative action planning and ensures compliance with EEO requirements. Responsible for timely and accurate filing of all EEO reports, affirmative action plans, and implementing hiring practices in accordance with affirmative action objectives.
- Act as back-up in processing all new hires, on-boarding, changes and terminations in a timely manner in HRIS database.
- Support company social events and functions.
- BA/BS Degree, preferably in Human Resources or related discipline.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- PHR/SPHR/SHRM-PC or other HR certification(s) preferred.
- 5+ years’ related human resources experience; manufacturing industry experience is highly desirable.
- Ability to provide effective coaching to employees, supervisors, managers, and other leadership team members.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of compensation practices, benefits programs, leaves of absence, FMLA, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Excellent computer skills with strong proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, HRIS systems and Applicant Tracking Systems (Knowledge of Taleo and SAP a plus).
- Ability to form productive relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including employees at all levels, and external sources.
- Analytical, with the ability to identify problems and present viable solutions.
- Positive attitude, flexible and able to independently manage projects and workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, strong organizational skills, excellent attention to detail and follow-up. Able to maintain confidential information.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits.