Human Resources (HR) Director
A large automotive dealership group is looking for an experienced human resources director! Daily responsibilities include:
- Actively participates with business leadership in strategy development and operational planning for the Group. Develops actionable HR strategies and tactical plans to support the achievement of group wide goals. Works cross-functionally to achieve business outcomes and improve organizational effectiveness.
- Proactively identifies organizational needs (talent assessment, team effectiveness, staffing, etc.) and develops strategies for resolving and addressing needs.
- Assesses organizational capabilities and identifies skill gaps of key leaders. Actively participates with business leadership to source, evaluate, select and on-board talent. Coach business leaders and their teams on the development of others to advance movement of talent across business groups.
- Advises business leadership on organizational design that will enable the business to grow and operate effectively. This includes evaluating work structure, job design, and workforce forecasting, interdependencies, and role and responsibility clarity.
- Develops and administers job evaluations and annual merit review programs, using relevant market data as needed, to maintain competitiveness.
- Builds and drives retention and employee engagement.
- Advises and coaches managers on resolving employee issues. Personally, manages complex or significant employee relations issues.
- Directs, recommends and proactively communicates appropriate local implementation of HR policies, practices and initiatives. Ensures legal and regulatory compliance including: equal employment opportunity/affirmative action, wage and hour, and work authorization.
- In concert with management, builds and drives a positive employee culture. Champions diversity and inclusion goals, strategies and plans. Actively participates in employee communications and provides right-touch HR support to the business training, talent metrics and reporting.
- Leads a team of HR Directors for each of the facilities.
Advances Strategic Thinking:
- Understands the organizational and workforce implications of the group strategy and objectives, proactively anticipates needs, and develops and executes strategies and operational plans.
- Possesses strong business acumen and is highly knowledgeable about the enterprise strategy and the Group’s position in the market, strategy, operating and financial plans.
Achieves Consistent Business Results:
- Develops and ensures execution of core HR processes (e.g., talent acquisition, talent management, performance management, employee relations, etc.) consistent with Company culture and values.
- Understands interdependencies of Group plans and functions, anticipates issues, and leverages a range of HR capabilities and tools to achieve great results.
- Delivers on talent commitments to achieve annual and long-term objectives.
- Has a strong ability to work through others and assess and drive organizational focus on the core issues and opportunities.
Connects and Excels with People:
- Identifies the core capabilities and key roles that drive business results and effectively evaluates strengths and development needs against these core capabilities.
- Leads the hiring, development, and retention of a diverse pipeline of great leadership talent.
- Assess performance objectively and candidly; makes the tough calls when necessary.
- Influences leadership on important talent management issues; has a fact-based point of view on talent.
Influences, Skillfully Communications, and Effectively Collaborates:
- Always acts with integrity.
- Actively models and promotes company culture and values and uses influence and collaboration to guide group leadership in addressing practices and processes needed to achieve the business results.
- Contributes to creating and effectively communicating a compelling vision for the business and assists the leadership team in aligning the organization behind it
- Takes ownership: Drives positive change and challenges status quo. Addresses issues with courage.
- Leads and behaves from an "enterprise first" perspective
- 7-10 years of experience in HR Generalist/HR leadership positions within a large company footprint which has a distributed field operations structure; health care operations experience a big plus
- Experience in all facets of human resources including knowledge of Talent Management & Acquisition, retention, employee engagement, legal compliance, and coaching and leadership development.
- Experience in talent planning and management including talent assessment processes and succession planning.
- Experience working in a matrix environment.
To learn more, please contact Cameron at email@example.com or call 602-788-5890.