HR Classification & Compensation Consultant
Recruitment Partners is a preferred vendor for a Major Public Organization within the City of Edmonton!
We are currently recruiting for a number of Human Resources Professionals for various positions with the City! This HR Classification & Compensation Consultant position is a great opportunity to gain experience, enhance your resume and allow you to develop your overall HR skills!
Your success will be defined by your ability to:
- This focus of this position is on classification and compensation, while providing consultative services and strategic leadership.
- Support the design and administration of compensation programs and projects while ensuring external competitiveness and internal equity.
- Provide job evaluation services to managers and other HR staff.
- Gather information from the HRIS through queries; analyzes and presents information to management or other clients.
- Conducts independent job evaluation reviews for union and management positions utilizing sound analytic processes.
- Leads research projects and conducts indepth analysis including very detailed and accurate survey work.
- Researches, designs and provides recommendations on compensation practices drawing from industry practice to support corproate busienss objectives including total compensation programs, job evaluation processes and market survey analysis.
- Updates and develops new classification specifications to satisfy evolving business needs.
- Presents and defends classification decisions to clients, managers and third party decision makers.
Your strengths include:
- University Degree in Business, Human Resources or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years well rounded HR experience with a preference for those who hold experience in classification and compensation.
- Excellent computer, database and spreadsheet analysis skills, including Google, Excel and Word.
- Effective analytical, mathematical, statistical and conceptual skills.
- Compensation and job evaluation experience working in a union environment.
- Proven ability to conduct job evaluation reviews and projects.
- Working knowledge of Human Resource Information Systems such as PeopleSoft.
- Ability and desire to approach work assignments in a collaborative manner with political sensitivity and confidence.
- Ability to interview and listen effectively to develop rationale for decisions in a difficult environment.
- Strong relationship management with clients and colleagues, communication and presentation skills.
If you are interested in this role and meet the above criteria, please click the “Apply” button to send your resume, in word format directly to Ramya El-Hayouni.
Recruitment Partners Inc. is an Alberta-based, Alberta-focused recruitment firm. We are dedicated to building long-term relationships while securing top talent for Alberta’s best employers. At the heart of our efforts is a collaborative, consultative approach. We are proud of our team of consultants, who come with practical business experience, a strong network of professional contacts, and are focused on what is best for both clients and candidates. We will facilitate the best fit between client and candidate. This means reduced turnover, enhanced employee engagement, increased productivity and customer satisfaction, and more.
Accounting & Finance - Sales & Operations - Engineering - Supply Chain - Human Resources - Office Support - Technology
Contact us today - Your Search Partner – www.recruitmentpartners.ca!