Summary and Objective
The HR Business Partner (Senior HR Generalist) is responsible for managing essential HR functions in the company.
The HR Business Partner (Senior HR Generalist) will also deliver value-added services to group companies by ensuring compliant and effective shared 401(k) plan administration and shared health insurance benefits.
- Mentors HR Generalist.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ensures compliance in the New York office for all safety and employment-related matters.
- Supports review and updating of handbook policies and procedures. Ensures sign-off on handbook receipts.
- Supports and in some cases leads digitalization of HR processes.
- Prepares and conducts onboarding of new hires.
- Prepares and conducts employee exit procedures.
- Manages the safety program. Ensures all documents and protocols are up to date, and employees are trained at the time of hire and receive updated training and documents in a timely manner. Reports any changes, issues, or concerns to HR VP in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manages benefits costs, regulatory compliance, and annual re-evaluation of policies for cost-effectiveness, information activities programs, and cash flow.
- Ensures various regulatory reporting, filings, and testing are conducted and completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manages and administers the medical, dental, vision, and disability plans.
- Manages the voluntary benefits plans.
- Administers payroll HR Generalist’s absence.
- Helps administer the company 401(k) plan. Supports external and internal audits of the plan. Monitors and trains secondary administrators. Reports any changes, issues, or concerns appropriate parties in a timely and accurate manner.
- Keeps the company contact lists updated in an accurate and timely manner.
- Monitors processes and policies to ensure compliance with all functional state and federal regulations, rules, and laws.
- Supports implementation of Group-wide human resources initiatives; supports the implementation of policies and programs through project coordination, data analysis, cross-functional collaboration, and continuous process improvement.
- Ensures timely opening and closing of the performance review process. Updates employee and reporting information, job descriptions, and set up of processes in the system in an accurate and timely manner.
- Helps managers create, update, and maintain job descriptions.
- Reports any employee relations or other employment or regulatory concerns, issues, or risks suspected or confirmed to appropriate parties immediately.
- Reports all implied and actual reports of harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and any other company or group policy violations immediately.
- Follows legal, regulatory, and company confidentiality requirements for sensitive and protected information.
- Shares information such as regulatory updates, group information and materials, and other pertinent data, information, and materials with Group and affiliated companies.
- Completes other tasks as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Cost Awareness - Demonstrates an ongoing awareness of budget levels and the ramifications of exceeding them. Regularly tracks expenses against budget projections to ensure that spending levels can be adjusted as necessary. Cost-conscious and tends to stay within budget.
- Decision Quality - Gathers enough information to allow a trustworthy assessment of risks and benefits of alternative approaches in any decision. Stays focused on objectives and considers both the short-term and longer-term impact of decisions and keep objectives in mind throughout the process.
- Leadership - Articulates a vision that others choose to follow. Models behaviors expected of others and inspire others to undertake challenging tasks and projects.
- Project Management - Manages each stage of a project to ensure that commitments are met in a manner that is timely and within budget. Clearly defines roles and responsibilities, determines necessary resources, and monitors project performance through appropriate systems and procedures.
- Technical Credibility - Has achieved credibility related to technical standards and procedures by demonstrating a depth of judgment, knowledge, and technical skill important for the position. Understands and appropriately applies principles, procedures, requirements, and policies related to the position.
This position will require travel for business purposes. This position may require the ability to drive for business purposes. Possession of a valid state driver’s license and/or a valid passport may be required for business purposes.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a fully accredited college in Business Administration, Human Resources, Management, or other closely related fields. Or possess an equivalent combination of education and experience, which provide an applicant with the listed knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job, is acceptable
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in a HR Manager, HR Business Partner, or Senior HR Generalist role plus 3 or more years in a HR Generalist role.
- Working knowledge of HR laws and regulations required.
- Must possess advanced level Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Master's degree.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), HRCI Professional in Human Resources (HRCI-PHR), SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP), or HRCI Senior Professional in Human Resources (HRCI-SPHR) credential.
- Experience working in an international business environment
- Japanese language fluency is helpful but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization's HRIS and talent management systems.