Magellan Aerospace, Llay Wrexham has an exciting opportunity for a HR Business Partner
- Full Time Permanent Contract
- 39 hours per week.
- Job location: Llay, Wrexham, LL12 0PB.
- Unionised site – works in partnership with Unite the Union.
In this position You will influence and drive business performance by building strong collaborative working relationships with all employees and key stakeholders. As the successful candidate, You will also provide advice and support to the business, ensuring compliance in connection with HR and resourcing, Policy & Procedures, employee relations support, and guidance across the local business, working with the HR Manager, Divisional Manager & Ops Team.
Perks and Benefits
- Salary of £30K-£33K based on experience and qualifications
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Consult with line management and provide daily HR guidance, providing strategic and day-to-day leadership on site to drive the delivery of the business’ HR plans.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention. Facilitate Union and Forum Meetings.
- Delivers major and complex HR projects on time, within budget and to quality standards. Complete HR Reporting Corporate and Local.
- Owns all site communications delivering information in the most effective and appropriate manner ensuring information is understood correctly and feedback obtained where appropriate.
- Using experience, skills and knowledge of the HR industry to make an impact in key areas such as change management, organisational design, employee engagement and talent management.
- Works closely with Occupational Health Advisor to develop appropriate Welfare strategies and activities ensuring implementations are aligned to agreed site priorities.
- Responsibility for the control of changes to employee Terms and Conditions, liaising with Payroll as necessary. Analyse HR trends and metrics.
- Provide HR policy guidance for managers and staff on HR issues including employment legislation.
- Resolve complex employee relations issues and address grievances, support and update the organisation on all employee relations matters.
- Provides Management guidance and coaching in handling grievance, disciplinary and capability matters including dismissal in line with employment legislation and best practice. Assess risk and identify gaps in employee relations processes.
- Identify training needs for teams and individuals. Evaluate training programs. Coaching and mentoring junior team members.
- Create all paperwork for local new starters, leavers and liaise with central HR as necessary. Maintain up to date & accurate local records for all colleagues ensuring Legal Compliance. Manage local Recruitment.
- Keep electronic HR data files and spread sheets up to date and issue as appropriate. This will include EFACS, EIS and Snowdrop systems as required.
- Chair, lead or Note Take at Meetings as necessary. Produce compliant letters of outcome for investigative and disciplinary / capability meetings.
- Maintain your own health and safety whilst at work escalating any problems with office to the Divisional Manager. Maintain office area to 6S requirements.
- Support Divisional / HR manager with local manpower/resource planning. Support implementation of Appraisal/performance reviews.
- Undertake any reasonable tasks that you are trained or experience to carry out in addition to the above that may be a business requirement from time to time.
- University degree in a Business or HR related field.
- Professional membership of the CIPD at the level of CIPD Level 5/7
- 3 + Years’ experience in a Stand Alone Lead Role as HR generalist with related knowledge and experience, including employee relations, trade unions, performance management and multi-level employees.
- Thorough working experience of resolving complex casework problems.
- Strong employee relations background.
- Negotiation skills
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidence to remain balanced, to understand the big picture before advising
- Attention to detail
- Time Management
- Excellent PC skills
- Excellent planning and organising
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!