Magellan Aerospace, Glendale has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resource Assistant. The successful incumbent will perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organizational human resource department. The Human Resources Assistant will maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale facility offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation
- Back-up to finance manager for hourly payroll using ADP
- Answer frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to H.R. manager
- Maintain the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records
- May assist with payroll functions including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors and distributing checks
- Review hourly vacation requests with Supervisors concerning hours available and maintains requests for payroll
- Conduct new hire orientation
- Perform periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately
- Responsible for the input of all new hourly employees into payroll, benefits and the HRIS system
- Conduct E-verify after hire for all new employees
- Reviews, schedules and interviews with Supervisors, hourly candidates for the production workforce
- Assist with planning and execution of special events such as benefit enrollment, employee recognition events, vision and hearing tests
- Associates degree in related field or +3 years’ experience in an H.R. assistant position
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Spanish required.
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism and diplomacy
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn payroll management, HRIS system, and similar computer applications
- Understanding of H.R. regulatory laws pertaining to FMLA, ADA, EEO, OSHA and so forth
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.