HIPAA Compliance Specialist
Flybridge Staffing is currently searching for a HIPPA Compliance Specialist for a South Florida client with offices throughout the country. This position will be a hybrid with 2 days remote and 3 days onsite. This individual will help manage the organization’s compliance and training activities related to HIPAA, PCI, and PII.
Coordinates strategy and leads execution of various HIPAA privacy and security compliance programs across the organization. Compliance initiatives include the handling of sensitive information such as protected health information (PHI), personally identifiable information (PII), and credit card data (PCI). Coordinates and collaborates directly with the Privacy, Compliance and Security Officer(s) to ensure compliance initiatives are supported.
- Serves as the primary resource for questions and guidance related to privacy, security, and compliance of sensitive information.
- Develops, coordinates, and implements new and existing compliance activities, such as managing role-based access.
- Coordinate monitoring and audit plan that includes a review of systems, applications, processes, and controls. Identifies gaps and develops action plans.
- Monitors state and federal law changes relative to privacy and security requirements and makes appropriate recommendations.
- Oversees the annual HIPAA Risk Assessment and reviews the findings to facilitate the development, review, and oversight of the remediation action plan.
- Organizes response and investigation of PHI, PII, or PCI-related incidents.
- Oversees the maintenance of privacy and security policies and procedures and the centralized storage of departmental policies. Works with leaders to review policies annually.
- Coordinates and ensures completion of annual and new hire HIPAA Compliance training.
- Although minimal, some travel is required at times. (10%)
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years related experience. Related experience assumes a similar compliance role, including working knowledge of HIPAA and HITECH regulations.
- Proficiency t with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint required.
- Basic knowledge of CRM systems and ability to use ZOOM/Skype or other virtual platforms is needed.
- Ability to effectively communicate with management, staff, and regulatory agencies.
- Experience coordinating audits and investigations.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to resolve complex problems.
- Prior experience developing policy and procedure.
- Prior experience leading projects and facilitating cross-functional team meetings.
- CHC or CHPC certifications are preferred.
****NO SPONSORSHIP AVAILABLE**** US Citizen, GC, EAD only please. If your background aligns with the above details and you would like to learn more, please submit your resume to email@example.com or on our website, www.flybridgestaffing.com and one of our recruiters will be in touch with you ASAP.
Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up with all our latest job openings and referral program