Title: Groundskeeper 1
City: Palo Alto
Job Type: Contract
Job ID: EB-1388263002
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Groundskeeper to work on-site with our client, a top-tier University in Palo Alto, CA. This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
Groundskeepers perform a variety of groundskeeping duties. They receive assignments on a day-to-day or duty-by-duty basis from their lead person and are clearly instructed as to what to do, where and how. These employees practice safety procedures as directed. Standardized duties, such as hand mowing lawns and raking may be performed without direct supervision. More specialized assignments, such as pruning and transplanting, are supervised by a higher level employee who provides detailed instructions. Many duties at this level are performed in a training capacity in order to develop the needed skills and knowledge required for the next higher level in the series.
- Mow, fertilize, and water lawns, shrubbery, ground cover, flowering plants and trees
- Prepare beds for planting
- Remove leaves and rubbish from grounds
- Spray herbicides as trained and directed
- Weed small areas
- In a training capacity, and/or under close supervision, cultivate, prune, plant, transplant, fertilize, and water shrubbery, ground cover, flowering plants, and trees
- May operate walking power mowers or other non-mobile power equipment
- Ability to perform work in all types of weather conditions
- Ability to work in an environment where there is high exposure to dust, pollens, and other allergens
- Ability to climb and work from a 14 foot stepladder
- Ability to withstand extensive standing, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling
- Ability to follow job-related instructions
- Individual positions may require the ability to lift up to 100 pounds
- Must have valid Ca drivers license
Must have valid CA drivers Lic.
Must be able to work 6am to 2.30pm, Mon-Friday.