The Store Manager is responsible for all aspects of store operations and planning, including; events, weekly sales flyers, execution and evaluation to ensure maximum sales, effective cost control, and payroll management. They are accountable for ensuring a positive shopping experience for customers and a positive working environment for employees. This position requires adhering to all procedural guidelines.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with all departments to ensure and maintain appropriate functioning of entire store operations.
- Prepares weekly sales/labor projections, executes to plan, and consistently achieves budgeted payroll percentage.
- Oversees department managers to ensure they are held accountable for the conditions of their department; includes monitoring their hiring practices, scheduling techniques, and their ability to keep labor costs at or below budgeted payroll; ensures staff is trained on all policies and procedures.
- Hires, develops, evaluates, and supervises Department Managers and staff.
- Accounts for the Department Managers’ weekly schedules to be at or below the budgeted payroll percentage for the store.
- Manages store financials and demonstrates full comprehension of the Profit & Loss (P&L) Statement.
- Analyzes company financial statements and use them in the daily operation of business.
- Maintains store sanitation and cleanliness in accordance with local laws and best practices.
- Maintains a safe work environment for employees, vendors and customers.
- Monitors cash management for the store including approving all store expenses before they occur.
- Ensures monthly inventory counts, all deadlines are achieved, and store is “inventory ready”.
- Monitors and addresses customer issues, personnel situations and policy violations.
- Coordinates all store events including executing weekly sales flyers merchandising plans and all marketing promotions.
- Oversees the merchandising, loss prevention, and store appearance/conditions for their location.
- Sustains a high level of product knowledge and product preparation.
- Walks department regularly to ensure an organized, sanitary, and overall clean appearance at all times.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years professional experience.
- Preferred 3-5 years grocery retail experience in overall store operations and merchandising processes and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must maintain the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Must have the capacity to take initiative when problems arise.
- Flexibility to adapt in a variety of situations.
- Must have advanced attention to detail with the capability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written communication and documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills for dealing cross functionally with peers and senior management.
- Must have knowledge with MS Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Ability to multitask and have excellent organizational skills is essential.
- Must be able to lead, support and contribute to team goals.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Must be familiar with Health Department guidelines and regulations as they pertain to a grocery retail environment.
- Efficient planning and ability to execute for results.
- Demonstrates ability to improve staff performance through motivation, training and setting clear expectations.
- Ability to adapt to the ever-changing retail environment while working in a cross-functional team.