Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale has a great opportunity for a Grit Blast Operator. The successful incumbent will be reporting to the Special Process Supervisor and will prepare part finishes for braze, weld and other operations including for final inspection
- Preparing parts for repair
- Remove sulfidation, oxides of oxygen and other contaminants from aircraft parts using blast media.
- Prepare part finishes for braze, weld and other operations.
- Prepare parts for final inspection
- Tracks inventories of blast media for the Department.
- Maintains and keeps appropriate documentation on all parts for tracking purposes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A High School Diploma (or equivalent) is desired.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of shop equipment desirable.
- Ability to read and interpret technical publications such as, but not limited to, Overhaul, Maintenance, Inspection and Repair Manuals, Illustrated Parts Catalogs, Service Bulletins, and Airworthiness Directives.
- Working knowledge of dimensioning and aptitude for using precise close tolerance measuring equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Ability to produce a significant volume of work efficiently in a specified period of time.
- Competitive salary
- Attractive and comprehensive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)