Magellan Aerospace, New York (Corona, Queens) has a great opportunity for a Grinder. The successful incumbent will set up assigned jobs on applicable grinding equipment and have knowledge in reading aerospace blueprints.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package (fully Company paid)
- Generous Company pension plan (401k)
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Social & Charity Association
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
- Set up assigned jobs on applicable grinding equipment.
- Competency operating applicable grinding equipment.
- Read blue prints and operation sheets
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Knowledge of basic shop math.
- Ability to read aerospace blueprints.
- Familiarity with the setup & operation of applicable grinding equipment.
- Must be able to use a surface grinder and cylindrical grinding machine
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.