Your expertise and experience are required to capitalize on opportunities within the domestic and international grain markets!
Do you have:
If so, our client has identified you would be successful in this role with knowledge, skills, and abilities as follows:
- Post-secondary education in an agriculture-related program
- Several years of experience in grain trading
- Previous experience with hedging or risk management
- An internal drive to succeed
- Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN)
Basic Responsibilities of this position include:
- Strong agricultural cropping background
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to perform all sales tasks; excellent strategic selling and negotiation skills
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
- High degree of technical knowledge in commercial grains and the domestic and international grain markets
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Intermediate computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Suite)
- Strong business acumen
- Capable of building last relationships internally and externally
- Develop well-informed trading strategies
- Liaise between company and producers with harvest and on-farm stored grain
- Assist with product origination in the trading area, as required
- Ensure adequate quantity and quality of inventories to meet merchandising goals and customer needs
- Purchase and sell commodities using available market data/knowledge/expertise to attain the most cost-effective and profitable results
- Review hedge position and strategy development with the marketing team
- Maintain a sound understanding of rail and truck transportation; make effective decisions for procurement and logistics
- Assist in the coordination of merchandising activities for all company locations
- Manage producer settlements during peak times
- Attend trades shows and business meetings
- Regularly update the website with commercial grains information
- A diversified player in agribusiness has multiple locations. You can work out of their London, ON area head-office, Burlington, ON, or southern Manitoba facilities.
- This will be an open office setting with some of your time spent visiting customers on location
- Relocation assistance negotiable
Call Mike at 1.866.519.2793 to confidentially discuss the selection process and to establish your interest and intent to proceed.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online