Our client, a successful grain procurement and shipping company, is adding to their successful procurement team in the North Battleford area. The successful candidate for this role will promote our client's customer-centric programs, build and maintain relationships with farmer-customers, help create and maintain a positive reputation in the community and ultimately direct grain into the supply chain from the North Battleford area, on route to its state-of-the-art Vancouver Terminal for transfer to worldwide destinations.
The GRAIN PROCUREMENT REPRESENTATIVE is accountable to develop and maintain a growing customer base within a specified geographical area and for obtaining business results established through business planning and goal setting. Ultimately, you will be negotiating the purchase of grain from area producers, while supporting our client's customer relationship management strategy. You will maintain relevant customer data and execute a marketing and sales plan differentiating you and your employer from the competition in the area.
Applicable Experience Required:
The ideal candidate will be familiar with the grain industry and have agricultural experience, combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills, in addition to strong data-control abilities. You will be self-motivated to manage an existing client base while proactively seeking and gaining new customers to meet and exceed defined sales, financial, and operating targets. 2+ years of experience in inside or outside sales is preferred.
Other attributes leading to success in this profession include proven risk-management skills, confident fact-based negotiation skills, strong interpersonal and leadership skills, a demonstrated customer service focus, as well as strong organization, analytical, financial, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
Specifically, to be considered for this role you'll need:
- A focused, positive attitude that puts team, client and farmers front and foremost
- Extensive knowledge/experience in grain buying and handling, combined with an entrepreneurial aptitude
- Ability and experience in the identification and realization of profitable business opportunities
- Strong customer service focus, with an ability to balance customer demands and corporate efficiency/profitability
- Great communication skills as well as a demonstrated collaborative approach to working with farmers, colleagues and business partners
- Proficiency with office computer programs, including ERP and CSM programs, EXCEL, WORD And more.
Your Responsibilities for this role include:
- Promoting programs and cash bids to the farmers in your territory to achieve/exceed budget goals for the terminal.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting of recording relevant business information to and from head office
- Maximize customer retention by ensuring the customer experience is always positive and right for the customer
- Manage financial risks by ensuring good processes are in place for all contract obligations
- Assisting other terminal staff during peak work demands as part of a team effort to achieve overall terminal goals
Our client offers a flexible work-life balance, a highly competitive salary and benefits package and an opportunity to grow your career.
Please EMAIL Edward at firstname.lastname@example.org to confidentially discuss the selection process and to establish your interest and intent to proceed.
NOTE: Candidates applying for this position must have the proper work authorization to work in Canada to be considered for this position. Canada visa sponsorship is NOT available for this role. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those located outside of Canada will not be retained in our database.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online