Join a leading Ontario-based agri-supply company as they continue to grow their international grain and commodity trade.
Our client is a progressive, well capitalized, multi-service ag supply business with multiple operational sites in Ontario and Manitoba. With global reach, they have customers in over 40 countries and operations in animal nutrition, crop services, dry beans and IP soybeans, energy, freight forwarding & logistics, and grain inputs & ingredient marketing.
A global supplier of dry beans and food grade soybeans, they work with producers and food manufacturers to supply human-grade plant-based proteins to over 40 countries. They provide full-service marketing of commodities to give producers the best opportunities for profit. By working with them, end users can develop procurement strategies for grains, beans, oilseeds, pulses, and other ingredients to improve their value stream and business returns.
They seek an experienced Global Export Merchandiser to continue developing and growing their international grain and commodity trade.
The Global Commodity Merchandiser is responsible for driving profitable sales revenue in alignment with corporate vision, value proposition and strategy map by combining deep capabilities in commodity procurement with best-in-class logistics capabilities to create value-added, integrated supply chain solutions (commodity quality + processing + logistics + storage) for international end-user and processor customers. The Global Commodity Merchandiser is measured on their ability to grow sales revenue and return on sales from integrated supply chain solutions that create customer value and customer experiences consistent with the company core values, core purpose and value proposition.
- Continuously expands the base of progressive-minded, international end-user and processor customers by applying executive account management methodology to build strong, strategic customer relationships.
- Grows corporate sales revenue and return on sales from value-added, integrated supply chain solutions (commodity quality + processing + logistics + storage) that address the needs of international end-user and processor customers.
- Maintains and curates in-depth customer intelligence including customer vision, culture, value proposition, strategic business requirements and commodity-quality usage rates.
- Collaborates closely with related company divisions to build and offer value-added integrated supply chain solutions and establishes the business case for the optimum solution in terms of commodity-quality, price, terms, and logistics services (including value-added logistics services) to achieve corporate sales revenue and return on sales (collaborative margin) objectives.
- Collaborates and complies with Risk Management to ensures price and currency exposures are properly hedged.
- Maintains a demand forecast using software tools and reports for decision making on procurement.
- Maintains complete and updated transaction/deal records/data in company enterprise system and trading platform.
- Collaborates with related company divisions to coordinate shipments and value-added logistics services, included in the customer solutions.
Your Talent Profile:
- Deep knowledge of agri-food, agribusiness, and ag-commodity value chains.
- A proven track record building customer relationship and creating profitable returns in physical arbitrage by identifying and responding to special situations of supply & demand differential.
- Natural value-creation instincts to address unique customer needs and goals with integrated supply chain solutions.
- Proven ability to integrate data, market research and market intelligence to proactively identify business opportunities.
- Team-player oriented interpersonal skills to engage and energize teammates to collaborate on building customer solutions.
- Exceptional skills at establishing the corporate business case (collaborative margin) of complex opportunities.
- Excellent planning, organization, and time management skills
- Owner mindset – to think, act, manage risk, respect customers and value partners like you own the business.
- 5-10+ years of experience in commercial trading and/or merchandising agri-food products and/or ag-commodities.
- Intermediate-advanced software proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and digital trading platforms.
- Post-Secondary education in Business Administration, Agricultural Business, Finance, Commerce or Supply Chain Management.
- Willing to travel frequently across Canada and internationally
- Possess a valid Canadian passport
This position will be required to be away from the office from time to time and travel in different time zones, often for days at a time, as well as carry a cell phone to deal with after-hours customer requests. The position can be based from an Ontario office or work remotely from a home-based office anywhere in Canada.
This new position is immediately available and is a unique opportunity to join a growing market leader with over 80 years’ experience in the agricultural industry. They have a laser focus on customer satisfaction and provide experience, knowledge, products, and services that bring value to their customers.
Our client offers an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, variable opportunity, benefits, RSP, mileage reimbursement, business tools and more. Relocation assistance may also be available.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity on which you would like more information, or you know someone who would, either apply now, or email Mike Bachner, VP, Practice Leader and Senior Recruiter on this file, today! firstname.lastname@example.org
Not the position for you? Ask about our referral policy!
NOTE: Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application as we are not licensed to assist with immigration. Those with temporary work permits or those outside of Canada will not be retained in our database.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online