NOTE: We are not licensed to assist with immigration - only those with a Canadian Social Insurance Number are invited to apply.
Our central Alberta client has asked us to assist them in finding an experienced individual to join their large grain and cattle operation.
What's In It For You?
This family operation combines the 'small farm' atmosphere with a more professional focus. There is regular interaction with other team members with varying levels of experience (full-time and seasonal employees). Your tasks will vary in this position as your schedule will rotate between the Feedlot (Oct-May) and the Grain Operation.Key Duties identified include:GRAIN
- Competitive salary
- Health & dental benefit package
- A daily plan of activities
- An environment that has kept full-time employees for extended tenures (21 years and 5 years)
- Seasonal flexible work schedule
- Long term, stable work environment
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Perform duties required from pre-seed to post-harvest
- Process and treat feedlot cattle
- Maintain accurate livestock and feeding records
- Fencing and facility maintenance
- Operating equipment for feeding and bedding
The ideal candidate to fit in with their culture would have:
While there is no on-farm accommodation, there are significant smaller towns and communities in the area for rental options. This rural area is within an hour of a couple of larger centres while having the amenities for a comfortable life close by.If you have the skills to meet this challenging, immediately available position, please apply now and contact Mike Bachner at 1.866.519.2793 for more information. All correspondence is confidential. Applicants must have a Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN) to apply.
- 2+ years' demonstrated work experience in a related position
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (English speaking workplace)
- Safety and detail-oriented
- Farming knowledge (cattle and crops)
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- A calm and quiet demeanour; trainable and coachable
- A desire to learn something new every day
- Desire to stay and establish a long-term career path
- Satisfaction for a job well done
- Stamina for working the required hours during peak seasons
- Driver's license (and clean abstract); Class 1 is beneficial but will train if desired
Not the position for you? Consider our referral policy!
While we appreciate all those applying, due to the number of applications, only those that meet the requirements will be contacted for further discussion.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online