endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Global Melting Director
The Global Melting Leader is responsible for establishing the strategic direction of process specific technology for both the short term and long term priorities that are aligned with the Global Technology vision. This role is accountable for delivering process specific technology solutions to manufacturing operations to improve productivity, flexibility, efficiency, replication and reliability. The Global Melting Leader will need to think strategically and understand the industry dynamics to deliver sustainable solutions that satisfy cost challenges manufacturing operations face.
- Lead the strategic planning process at a global level, coordinating and aligning country groups and functions.
- Collaborate with process specific squad members to deliver on the most critical value drivers.
- Develop a collaborative and trusting team with increased sense of urgency on execution to accelerate results and establish credibility.
- Understand the key drivers of financial performance and budgeting to ensure projects are in alignment with the established financial plan.
- Partner with key stakeholders (including all technology teams, strategy & integration, CG leaders, manufacturing & operations) to identify opportunities and manage the overall process specific technology project portfolio through an open and constant collaborative approach.
- Able to trade-off the risks and rewards in a particular situation while also considering the big picture of company-wide impact, industry trends, and strategic implications.
- Drive alignment on global vision through clear communication and direction to squad members on business challenges, in-scope activities and standardized approaches.
- Interact at CG level to identify initiatives, processes and leverage replication opportunities to maximize plant asset utilization and stability.
- Build a strong level of communication, partnership and alignment with the business needs & realities.
- Partner with Procurement team in order to design and implement strategic initiatives to address supplier base development and Master Service Agreements targeting a more reliable and agile engineering process, capital efficiency and resources optimization.
- Attract, develop and retain talented leaders by creating a learning environment where employees can realize their highest potential, allowing the organization as a whole to meet future challenges.
- Build and enhance customer relationships (internal and external) which lead to improved process and enhancing the operations.
- Lead and foster a rigorous talent management and succession planning system which also considers the needs of the CG and globe.
- Actively engage as a member of the Global Engineering Council providing input and feedback on priorities and operational challenges.
- Lead Sustainability initiatives, representing engineering on Enterprise Sustainability Forums.
Scope and impact
- The Global Melting Director will ensure global process specific resources are best applied to opportunities that have the highest potential impact of both the short term and long term strategic priorities. This role will oversee global engineering teams in multiple geographies across the globe, delivering global applications to streamline technology.
Education and experience
- Bachelor degree in technology (e.g. engineering, material science, chemistry); MS or PhD degree in related process preferred. MBA optional.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of demonstrated progressive leadership experience in engineering
- 10+ years of experience in the glass industry (must), including 5+ years in Manufacturing
- Proven track record in driving a portfolio of projects that create competitive and sustainable advantages
- Extensive global experience in industrial & manufacturing organizations
- Highly developed communication skills
- Ability to influence and create a dynamic, high-performing and engaged organization
- High level of business acumen
- Understanding of cross-cultural issues
- Proven track record with developing an organization
- Reports to the VP of Global Engineering and will have assigned engineering supervisory/manager roles as direct reports.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.