Generator Field Service Technician
Generator Field Service Technician performs services such as preventative maintenance, inspection, site inspections, general quoting and service required by PPSI on power generation units in the field ranging from 50-2000 KW. Meeting with customers, promoting PPSI Services and provide exceptional service for our customers is a key component of the job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Possess experience in troubleshooting Automatic Transfer Switches, engine/generator control and excitation systems.
- This position works in a varied outside environment or at customer sites. The noise level in the work environment is dependent on service location. Safety equipment and hearing protection is provided.
- Proficient in both mechanical and electrical applications and have knowledge in troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair for diesel and natural gas generator sets with their associated fuel systems.
- Accurately submit, promote, and complete general quotes and engineering quotes as needed for the customer base.
- Complete quality major and minor preventative maintenance, inspection and minor repairs on power generation units, diesel and/or natural gas, or gas engines, and Automatic Transfer Switches (ATS) as scheduled.
- Communicates with sales, operations and customers regarding service and service contract coverage, pricing, terms and conditions and applicable policies.
- Responds to inquiries regarding new contract obligations and revisions.
- Adhere to company safety practices and other policies and procedures.
- Maintain clean, organized company issued vehicle, maintaining proper documents and equipment.
- Act with integrity and provide outstanding service to customers and coworkers building an environment of teamwork and positivity.
- Accurately complete and document work orders, service reports and quotes as required.
- Responsible for reporting any violation or non-compliance with company policies and procedures by Company employees or other business personnel, including sub-contractors.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, blueprints, schematics, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization.
- Ability work in ambient temperature and local weather conditions. Precaution and training to heat, cold and noise are required. Eye protection is often required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School diploma/GED required.
- 3-5 years of working experience in the power generation field.
- Active, current driver’s license.
- Clean driving record.
- Must be Covid-19 vaccinated.
- Pass criminal background check.
- Pass mandatory drug screening.
- Possibly up to 50% travel with overnight stay may be required.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently with general supervision.
Salary: $20-34hr DOEClick here to apply online