Our client, a leading global Manufacturer of Engineered Wood Products, is hiring a new General Sales Manager for the Mid-West region (Ohio, IL, IN, & MI). This role will lead a team capable of developing, implementing, and executing a regional market plan that achieves the regional budget. The team will focus on channel development and downstream sales, maximize sales potential through effective market awareness and investment, and maintain configuration between regional and overall company goals. The GSM is responsible for all aspects of recruitment and management with the goal of building and maintaining a world-class team of sales professionals within their region. In addition, the GSM is responsible for internal communication on market conditions, resource needs and sales process of the market plan and budget. The GSM is responsible for the overall profitability of the region for non-operations factors.
- Responsible for selecting and managing the most effective distribution channels across multiple businesses and product lines to drive sales growth
- The Annual average regional budgets across 4 businesses is $100 + million
- Accountable for managing to a Regional EBIT target and SGA budgets
- Submit annual forecast by product category and provide quarterly reviews on these forecasts
- Works with owners, GMs, Sales & Purchasing managers to establish growth goal targets and negotiation on pricing to maximize our returns
- Employ new talent and develop (train, coach, lead, mentor and manage) the overall regional sales team, which typically includes 8-12 employees
- Responsible for targeting and builder demand and channel expansion for EWP, siding, moulding and Value Added OSB product categories to achieve growth targets
- Accountable for the development and execution of a regional sales plan (‘Market Back Plan’) that takes into account market analyses and organizational objectives
- Guarantee that the Regional sales team understands the overall business strategy and specifically their Region’s part in achieving that strategy
- Secure agreed upon budget and negotiate pricing and product mix to assure the highest level of profitability across a multiple customer segments
- Analyze several market segments (Single Family New Construction, Multi-Family, Repair and Remodel, and Non-Residential) within a region to maximize sales opportunities by developing stronger market access (procurement of stocking dealers) and broader builder usage of products
- Develop and maintain strong bonds with our key customers and downstream (dealers and builders) partners
- Drive the integration of field marketing, business marketing, and corporate marketing into the region to support the execution of the Market Back Plan
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- 10 years of sales and/or marketing experience, including 5 years of people management experience
- Or any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position
- Demonstrated leadership skills and abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills that highlights clear direction with history of internal networking of programs & field information
- Knowledge of distributors, dealers, builders, and products within the assigned region of work
- Knowledge of regional construction methods
- Demonstrated proven marketing/sales skills
- Solid understanding of downstream market conditions including market pricing and installation cost/practices
- Sound analytical abilities with history of providing sales propositions in financial terms
- Ability to understand and interpret financial statements
- Experience in developing business plans with demonstrated ability of successfully implementing these plans
- Demonstrated experience recruiting, developing and mentoring sales staff
- Success determined by candidates who have moved upward in the organization that candidate was placed
- Excellent team leadership and/or team participation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
This company competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including health and welfare benefits, 401(k) program, career mobility, tuition reimbursement, volunteer opportunities, profit sharing and more.
SnapDragon Associates is a capable group of thinkers and doers dedicated to offering a full slate of recruiting and consulting services. Our firm is highly regarded, nationwide, as the best in the industry for the fact that we are all "lumber people" servicing lumber, millwork, hardware, and building material manufacturers, wholesalers and retail companies. We specialize in providing these companies with Successful, Highly Qualified and Motivated Professionals.
You might say we are not a "Search Firm" but rather a "Find Firm."
Our proven results positively impact the bottom line of companies all over North America. The lumber industry is taking off as demand and production rise! The growth our clients are experiencing daily is creating a constellation of new careers. For a complete listing of our current opportunities please visit us online at www.SnapDragonAssociates.com or contact us directly at 603.621.9037.