Reporting to the Director of Operations for a leading third-party logistics, warehousing, distribution and fulfillment company with operations throughout the United States. The organization has spent over 50 years exceeding client expectations. Provides unique, customized end-to-end Logistics Services. Many of their clients have been with them for 30+ years. In fact, among contract clients, the company boasts a 100% retention rate; among public warehouse clients, their retention rate is over 80%.
The General Manager will be responsible to lead the operations in the Matteson, IL facility to meet the company and client goals and objectives. This individual will be responsible for the safety, quality and performance of the day-to-day operation. Emphasis will be placed on the management of fulfillment, warehouse and office personnel, customer relations and the implementation of warehouse action plans. This person will need to understand the financials of the operation and seek to improve them. This facility runs two shifts and will require some weekends. Will manage an office staff of 4-6 and line management of up to 30. Challenge is to increase revenues, improve profitability and decrease costs. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Management in a high-volume fulfillment center (3-5 years)
- Fulfillment operations best practices
- Safety, Quality, Cost Objectives and Customer Service
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodologies.
- Flexibility with work hours, ability to work first or second shift.
- Replenishment and inventory management.
- Value added services knowledgeable (MHE, mechanized unload, pick-to-light, automation etc.)
- Ability to understand data to make sound business decisions.
- Identify performance issues and make appropriate changes.
- Performance standards and metrics development.
- Computer literate: Microsoft (i.e. Excel, Word & Power Point)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Ideally in a Supply Chain related major)
- Residence: Matteson, IL
- Hands on leadership
- Mentoring and coaching
- Adaptable & Flexible
- Excellent communications (i.e. verbal, written, presentations)
- Team player (operates through consensus)
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Practice Leader: Zack Schneider
Warehouse & Distributionzschneider@GlobalESG.com
330.664.9400, ext.128Click here to apply online