Magellan Aerospace, India has an exciting opportunity for General Manager.
- The General Manager must effectively organize, lead and manage all functional elements of the facility.
- The General Manager must embrace corporate and business unit initiatives including lean manufacturing and implementation of the Magellan Operating System (MOS).
- The General Manager will maintain a workforce for highly motivated employees with a morale that is conducive with performance being measured at or above minimum acceptable levels, drive performance to achieve or exceed financial plans and strategic goals.
- The General Manager rates within the overall framework of the company’s strategies, set objectives, and procedures.
This position is located at the new 90,000 sq ft facility in Bangalore, which is situated close to the airport. A key aspect of the role is to develop this start- up operation into a world class manufacturing facility. There will be assistance and support provided from the global organisation.
This role is key in Magellan’s strategy of developing India into major machining centre within this global, multi-million dollar organisation.
Magellan Aerospace, India offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages. Starting salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
- Plant P&L responsibility including strategy, policies, processes, practices, systems.
- Oversee the management of all financial matters for the facilities, including asset management, reporting, corporate & regulatory policies etc.
- Oversee development of comprehensive annual and monthly business plan (including budgets, forecasts, and operational targets).
- Deliver on specific/measurable financial goals (short & long term) that drive profitable business growth.
- Develop in-depth understanding of the current state of the business, relative to strategic Magellan objectives.
- Effectively deploy all the needed resources to effectively manage the business.
- Refine and oversee the implementation of a long and short term strategic business plan, aligned to corporate strategy/objectives.
- Utilizes performance metrics that are developed to measure ongoing strategic success or areas for improvement.
- Align with internal and external customers and develop plans which include commitments to delivery, quality, and price.
- Provide leadership and management of plant people, processes, and products including, but not limited to:
- Manufacturing and/or assembly operations
- Sales, finance (operating budget, cost controls, capital management, AP/AR etc.)
- Supply chain management (procurement/distribution)
- Inventory management
- Environmental/occupational health & safety
- Employee selection and development
- Continuous improvement (cost, quality, productivity, operational excellence)
- Metrics and reporting
- Program management
- New Product Introduction
- Facilities and equipment, and engineering
- Customer interface and relations
- To understand quality systems and procedures, develop people that can drive PPM/IPM culture, practical problem solving and 8D.
- Understanding of IT contingency plans processes for authorization and knowledge of SAP.
- Bachelor in engineering (or related technical field), finance, or business preferred; Post-secondary education in business administration, engineering, quality management or purchasing-materials management may be considered.
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing, lean deployment, six sigma and world class manufacturing systems.
- Self-starter – results-oriented with a record of demonstrated successes accomplished through teamwork.
- Superior communication skills and teaching abilities.
- Detail oriented and very hands on in a manufacturing environment.
- Strategy development (general business and specific improvements strategy) experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading and transforming manufacturing cultures from mass to lean production.
- Strong business and financial acumen and ability to drive results.
- Experience in developing business strategies and plans, operating forecasts, performance metrics and reports, and safety and quality certification processes.
- Progressively responsible management and supervisory experience in manufacturing, with responsibility for plant operations.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.