Euravia Engineering & Supply Co Ltd, a part of Magellan Aerospace Kelbrook, Lancashire has an exciting opportunity for General Manager.
- Full-time-permanent position
- Weekdays are Monday-Friday 37.5 hours per week.
- Job location: Colne Road, Kelbrook, Lancashire BB18 6SN
The role of General Manager will have full responsibility as accountable manager at a respected EASA 145 approved MRO facility. The role has full site responsibility. All functions and disciplines report into this position.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Company pension plan
- On site bonus scheme
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Discounts available with selected mobile companies
- Discounts available with selected gym membership
- Employee Advantages Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Occupational Health and ergonomics focussed
- Extended paid Holiday Entitlement based on length of service
- Free parking
- Provide clear business leadership to the business with regards to delivering the MRO strategy for Euravia
- Manage full responsibility of P&L
- To deliver consistent commercial performance and operational results
- To champion H&S, ISO Quality, Lean initiatives within the company bringing innovation for continuous improvement of KPI’s
- Work with the senior team to design and deliver against budget and forecast
- Drive a lean, metrics based culture focused on utilisation, zero accidents and right first time
- Ensure the site operates in line with the company's Health and Safety Policy at all times
- Provide business reporting and analytics to the corporate senior team
- Maintain operational compliance in line with relevant safety agencies such as EASA and CAA
- Maintain a pipeline of future opportunities for the organisation focusing on the strengths of the organisation and tailoring to our strategic advantage
- To understand and ensure, through the appointment of competent persons, that the company’s responsibilities as employers under the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and any relevant Acts of Parliament and Statutory Instruments are met
- Ensuring adherence to Magellan UK departmental policies and corporate procedures at all times
- Driving a safety first culture , leading from the top ensuring strict adherence to health and safety best practice and legislation
- Promotes and enforces safety in the workplace
- Make provision for adequate and appropriate training to be given to all employees
- To ensure that notification and reporting procedures to the relevant statutory authorities are carried out
- Manage, motivate and lead the management team to ensure achievement of the strategic and operational plans.
- Deliver waste and cost reductions striving for zero defects through the continuous improvement stream
- Ensure data driven decision making and KPI reporting from department leads and challenge the norm
- Full profit and loss accountability for the on-going, profitable development of the business
- Deliver change management effectively to maintain an agile state
- Identify new sales opportunities, promote, market and sell Euravia capabilities
- Delegate effectively the day to day management of business development activities to the business development manager
- Hold ultimate responsibility for the smooth running of the business, including health & safety, financial management, business development, purchasing, quality, people management, engineering and administration.
- Drive operating efficiencies through championing and enforcing effective resource planning and engineering process improvement.
- 1Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.)
- Drive quality control though championing the company quality standards
- Challenge ‘the way we do things’ to drive improvement and the highest quality standards
- Ensure compliance in line with governing bodies and safety agencies as required
- Champion the values of the business; integrity, ethics, respect, innovation, collaboration
- Prepare and deliver monthly business review presentations to corporate directors on company performance
- Drive the right behaviours through your first line team to ensure strong team ethic and a consistent management approach
- Uphold organisation policies and standards, ensuring legislative and airworthiness requirements are followed
- Champion continued personal development through key people processes
- Entrust first line with departmental responsibility and manage through strong objective setting in line with business strategy
- Develop and maintain a positive and healthy relationship with the trade union while maintaining a clear focus on the strategy of the business. Inspire harmonisation through clear and common goal setting, sharing the successes and remaining a key influencer within the relationship
- Establish and maintain and continuous improvement culture
- To drive consistent operational improvements to ensure that we deliver on time in full, to budget, to quality standards, to the customers’ expectations, and with the most effective use of our resources
- Coach and develop a problem solving culture at all levels of the business
- Champion development of the site to achieve blue belt status and have access to a CI toolkit for 6s, lean and problem solving
- Using lean and six sigma techniques to drive change across the business
- Degree or appropriate professional qualification, industry specific.
- Relevant HSE qualification supporting knowledge and experience of safety in the workplace
- At least 5 years’ experience at a similar level, within aerospace preferred or automotive.
- Strong commercial and operational awareness
- Financial acumen
- Highly organised
- Highly literate with Good Presentation skills
- Excellent decision making skills
- Commercially astute with strong social skills
- Strong levels of numerical and analytical ability
- Emotional intelligence
- Provide high levels of leadership
- Be able to persuade and Instruct others
- Be able to identify issues and organise resolution to completion
- Personable and ability to instil enthusiasm and commitment
- Calm and controlled under pressure
Euravia Engineering, A Magellan Aerospace Company is a specialist aviation company providing high quality, cost effective maintenance, repair and overhaul services for a wide range of gas turbines - with particular expertise in the Pratt and Whitney Canada PT6 engine series.
Operating from four purpose-built, fully FAA and EASA approved facilities in Lancashire, England; Euravia offers a Total Support framework for PT6 Engine Operators around the world. Our focus is to address the Customer's unique individual requirements, delivering first class turboprop engine performance and reliability alongside peerless customer service, with efficient turn times and cost-effective pricing.
At Magellan, we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Please insert the following paragraph:
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.