Reporting to the Vice President of Customer Support for a leading manufacturer of rough terrain cranes, all terrain cranes, and boom trucks.
The General Manager for Customer Support is responsible to oversee and manage all customer support groups by directing each subdivisions’ managers. Subdivisions include: Service, Warranty, Call Center. Essential Job Functions Include: Oversees and manages all activities of Service, Warranty, Parts, Warehouse, and Call Center locations; Business Volume $240 million US, and $15 million Canada; Manages 3 direct reports department General Managers, 12 managers, 47 additional employees; Manages Internal operations; Maintains customer and dealer relationships; Plans and executes department’s goals and budgets; Reviews and updates departmental policies and procedures; Plans and organizes meetings such as daily manager meeting, weekly TV meeting with Corporate HQ, meeting with managements, and periodic conferences of customer support department leadership; Attends meetings/conferences with customers/dealers/distributors/vendors/prospects for customer service related matters; Provides technical supports to customers/dealers/distributors as necessary. Keeps and reviews operational records and reports to project and manage operation; Plans and directs training for subordinate employees to develop and control subordinates’ performance; Evaluates subordinate employees’ performance; Conducts new hiring activities; Performs disciplinary actions for subordinate employees with HR department. Reports all irregular issues and problems to management for solution.
Maintains good communication with other managers, staff & outside contacts.
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Directing / Managing Service, Warranty, Call Center for major equipment manufacturer (10 years)
- Customer Support / Product Knowledge
- Proficient with principals of Six Sigma and Lean Management
- Leadership and teambuilding skills
- Focus on business KPI’s
- Communication (Oral, Reading, Writing)
- Computer Literacy: Proficient in Microsoft Suit of Products
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Location: Remote USA
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Is confident, goal oriented, and can solve problems.
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the workplace.
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized; self-directed and motivated
- Excellent time management skills and ability to effectively plan and organize work
- Build customer and employee relationships with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Managing Director: Larry Wainscott
330.664.9400, ext.125Click here to apply online