Reporting to the Vice President of Customer Support for a leading manufacturer of rough terrain cranes, all terrain cranes, and boom trucks.
The General Manager, Project Manager Latin America is responsible to manage and take an active role in customer support and sales. Oversees and manages 4 direct reports, and territories that include Chile, Argentina, Peru, Columbia, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Mexico and Brazil; Business Volume $500 million; Maintains relationships with customers and dealers; Oversees and manages all activities of Service Request and Sales for the Latin America territory; Plans and executes department’s goals and budgets; Reviews and updates departmental policies and procedures; Plans and organizes meetings such as daily manager meeting, weekly TV meeting with Corporate HQ, meeting with managements, and periodic conferences of customer support department leadership; Attends meetings/conferences with customers/dealers/distributors/vendors/prospects for customer service related matters; Provides technical supports to customers/dealers/distributors as necessary; Keeps and reviews operational records and reports to project and manage operation; Plans and directs training for subordinate employees to develop and control subordinates’ performance; Evaluates subordinate employees’ performance; Conducts new hiring activities; Performs disciplinary actions for subordinate employees with HR department. Reports all irregular issues and problems to management for solution; Maintains good communication with other managers, staff & outside contacts; Complies with all company policies and procedures. Background Required:
Background Preferred (but not required):
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Directing / Managing Service & Sales in Latin America for major equipment manufacturer (10 years)
- Customer Support / Product Knowledge
- Proficient with principals of Six Sigma and Lean Management
- Leadership and teambuilding skills
- Focus on business KPI’s
- Communication (Oral, Reading, Writing)
- Computer Literacy: Proficient in Microsoft Suit of Products
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Location: Remote USA
- Is confident, goal oriented, and can solve problems.
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the workplace.
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organized; self-directed and motivated
- Excellent time management skills and ability to effectively plan and organize work
- Build customer and employee relationships with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
If you are interested in this opportunity but you’re not ready to apply, please email the Practice Leader provided below with your questions.Contact:
Managing Director: Larry Wainscott
330.664.9400, ext.125Click here to apply online