Hotel General Manager
A newly renovated 5-star resort under new ownership, sitting on 8 acres of beautiful beachfront property on the West Coast of Costa Rica. With 12 private villas and 11 luxury suites, the resort offers premium services catering to an exclusive demographic of 40+ who are seeking an outstanding first-class experience.
We are seeking an exceptional General Manager to join the team.
Job Summary and Core Activities
As a Hotel Manager, you would be responsible for executing your position's responsibilities in alignment with our culture and driving company success through performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Organizes, plans, and directs the hotel’s operations and functions
- Creates and monitors guidelines by which all employees are hired, developed, counseled, and terminated.
- Develops and maintains cost and labor controls to ensure operation within budget.
- Monitors operational performance through observation and feedback.
- Conducts periodic inspections of units, building, grounds, noting deficiencies of employees, contractors and physical appearance of property. Determines most appropriate and least expensive method to make repairs and perform needed maintenance.
- Responsible for the recording of minutes and for the proper flow of suggestions, grievances, and inquires to the management team and CEO
- Recommends improvements of hotel management's services and programs.
- Assures compliance with labor laws and respects areas of responsibilities.
- Counsels employees on job-related matters.
- Responds to owner and guest’s problems incurred and reacts appropriately.
- Ensures that a high standard of service is delivered in a friendly and personalized manner.
- Provides efficient and effective operation of the Hotel management functions.
- Guides and directs employees to achieve goals and objectives established.
- Coordinates with accounting staff to ensure that accurate records are maintained.
- Reviews and evaluates in all aspects of the Resort’s operation and makes recommendations for changes as needed. Is alert to potential problems or areas of concern.
- Creates and manages the Resort’s budgets.
- Maintains an awareness of current trends or anything that may affect the property.
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Must have Bachelor's Degree Equivalent (preferably Hotel Management)
- At least 5 year’s managerial experience in managing a Resort Hotel property
- Strong English communications skills with conversational Spanish
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, in addition to the regular shifts with
ability and willingness to work weekends, holidays and late nights.
*willing to relocate to Costa Rica
Click here to apply online