Our client is a Canadian, producer-owned grain business demonstrating consistent growth - seeking talented, quality individuals with potential to grow internally and become the future leaders of their company and the grain industry!
They have an opportunity for a senior level role - Director of Operations (General Manager).Position Overview:
As General Manager/Director of Operations, you will collaborate and work to develop and carry out plans for the successful achievement of meeting goals and objectives at multiple grain elevator locations in NE Alberta. The right candidate is adept at taking ownership and running these locations as a successful business unit, putting in place solutions to address any issues, with en eye to continued improvement of the facilities, the team and the business model.
In this senior-level position, you will:
- Be accountable for the management and daily operations of multiple facilities within a 90 minute radius of your 'main' facility.
- Lead and oversee the daily operations of the facilities, to serve our clients customers, prevent incidents, reduce costs, and improve efficiencies.
- Be responsible for quality control of the grain inventory, the team in place and the facilities as a whole.
This mandate will be accomplished by leading and engaging the grain elevator operations teams to achieve set goals and by creating and implementing an organized approach to execute on planned activities. You will assist in the timely grading of on-farm samples, the grading of deliveries, as well as all scheduled inventory reporting. You will take ownership of the annual facility budgeting and planning and have P&L responsibility. You will ensure that 99.9% of grain shipments unload as export-will ready and have keen knowledge of the grain handling and the agriculture industry.
- 7+ years' experience as a Leader and/or Manager in an agricultural related role
- 10+ years’ involvement in the operation of a grain elevator facility
- 3+ years' experience managing multiple grain facilities
- Diploma or degree in business, agriculture or certification in a related trade
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Strong communication and listening skills
- Inventory/space logistics management skills
- Ability to influence decision-making
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Proven problem-solving and proactive, decision-making skills
- Evaluation of employees
- Customer service including creating value for the customer.
- Ability to administer and manage an effective and proactive EHS program
- Knowledge of government regulations
- Mechanical ability
- Basic marketing or merchandising knowledge
- Basic grain grading
- Canadian Social Insurance Number (SIN)
Key performance measurements will be determined with regular review and evaluation. Our client offers a challenging and supportive work environment, opportunities for growth, competitive compensation and benefits, an employee share purchase plan, new vehicle and relocation assistance for the right candidate!
Apply today to confidentially discuss the selection process and to establish your interest and intent to proceed. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter!
Click here to apply online