Grasslands Recruitment Specialists has been retained by a client to recruit a General Manager for a bovine animal feed manufacturing and sales operation in Western Canada.
The General Manager reports to the President and is second in command within the company. The GM manages sales & marketing, purchasing, manufacturing & distribution, accounting & administration, along with ensuring the highest of nutritional standards, ensuring the overall profitability of the business.
Are you able to provide sales mentorship, direction, and provide long term business plans to efficiently expand operations? Do you want to work for a family friendly company, known for their quality products and innovation? If so, please read on.
WHY CONSIDER THIS ROLE?
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a strong sales management background to move up in your career and into general management.
Our client is a stable growing company located in a prairie city with over 250,000 people. They offer a very competitive and attractive annual salary, corporate bonus, full benefits, and group retirement (RRSP plan). Relocation costs are also covered if required.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE GENERAL MANAGER
- To build relationships and trust with all staff within the company.
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to engage and motivate staff for the overall functioning of the offices and business at large.
- Building strategy and workable plans as a team and putting them into action with the appropriate members of the company.
- To have ultimate responsibility for the production of quality products and to work with all departments ensuring that these are produced, and shipped on time, in accordance with the requirements of the company’s customers. To ensure overall good customer service.
- Responsible for setting selling prices in conjunction with the Sales Manager to ensure target profit margins are met for all product categories.
- To oversee all aspects of sales of the company. Establish measurable growth by empowering the Sales Dept. to increase market share, territory, and product offering.
- To develop and maintain excellent relationships, alliances, and partnerships with key people at the company’s primary customer accounts and suppliers and within the industry at large.
- To become knowledgeable and remain current with industry news and product trends on a global scale.
- To ensure that office procedures and general accounting is properly performed, by coaching and mentoring staff, working in conjunction with the President.
- To negotiate the usual contracts necessary for conducting the business of the company.
- Contracts involving capital expenditures will involve the consent of the President.
- To oversee the development and evaluation of yearly budgets, working with the President to finalize and implement for the coming year and to manage operational costs.
- To recruit and release personnel as required and following consultation with the President.
- To perform any other duties that may be required from time to time by the President.
AM I A GOOD FIT FOR THIS UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY?
- Minimum of 10 years overall experience in either the Agriculture, Animal Science, or Animal Feed industry.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience overseeing at least 15 staff.
- Post-Secondary education in Business or AgriBusiness.
- MBA & International experience considered an asset.
- Exceptionally strong sales & marketing experience, ideally with distribution networks.
- A strategic, entrepreneurial mindset that will ensure you and the company are successful.
- Ability to make decisions while simultaneously focusing on multiple goals.
- A relationship builder, where you are able to rally your team and provide positive motivation and guidance to all staff.
- Demonstrated leadership to inspire; increase staff engagement, development, and empowerment.
- Excellent communication skills to help staff achieve personal & department goals.
READY TO MOVE FORWARD?
We understand your time is valuable. If you feel that you would be right for this role, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
You must hold Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Canadian Residency to apply.
For more information on GRS, follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter or check out our website www.grasslandsgroup.com