We are a market leading foundry located in Glendale, AZ manufacturing Magnesium and Aluminum alloy castings for the aerospace industry. Magellan Aerospace, Glendale is looking for General Labors to support our growing business located in Glendale Arizona. We are looking for energetic candidates with the ability to handle working conditions in a sand casting foundry. If this sounds like a good fit for you, visit our facility located at 5401 W Luke Avenue and complete an application. Hours available are Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 2:30pm or apply online!
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale offers training, excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages.
• Excellent Loyalty Bonuses at 3, 6 and 12 months after joining the Company. Bonuses are monetary and paid on top of regular pay.
• Attractive benefits package including paid sick time, medical, dental and vision benefits starting at 90 days of employment.
• Pension plan 401(k) with employer match is available after 3 months continuous employment.
• Paid holidays and vacation.
• Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability.
• Perform any combination of following tasks: melting metal, pouring metal into molds, removing castings from molds, dressing castings, moving foundry materials, and cleaning equipment and work areas.
• Fit together, clamp, and unclamp cope and drag on production line.
• Install and remove steel jackets and bands used to hold snap molds together during casting.
• Break sand mold from finished casting, using bar or jack hammer.
• Sort castings into pairs or groups for assembly.
• Pull reinforcing wires from castings.
• Direct high pressure stream of water onto castings to clean castings and remove cores.
• Clean castings, patterns, and flasks, using wire brush.
• Remove gates, sprues, and other projections from castings with sledge, pneumatic hammer, power shear, or power hacksaw.
• Inspect product for areas that need sanding or grinding.
• Work towards eliminating product defects.
• Understand and practice safe usage of grinders and other tools.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• Nice to have: experience in running sand machinery and operating hand machinery.
• Experience in a similar type of industry an asset (construction and landscaping also advantageous).
• Comfortable in a Hot, Dusty and Noisy environment.
• Physical requirements include frequent lifting, standing, walking, and bending.
• Ability to frequently lift heavy materials of up to 50 lbs
• Good attendance
As an ITAR regulated facility all candidates must be fully entitled to work in the U.S. This job description is used to describe the general nature of the position only and is not inclusive of all duties and responsibilities.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.