We are a market leading foundry located in Glendale, AZ manufacturing Magnesium and Aluminum alloy castings for the aerospace industry. We currently have multiple openings for General Laborer in our CoreRoom, Targeting, Finishing, and Greensand Departments and looking for new talent to join our team and contribute to the Company's success.
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale offers training, excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages.
• $13.50 per hour starting wage
• Excellent Loyalty Bonuses at 3, 6 and 12 months after joining the Company. Bonuses are monetary and paid on top of regular pay.
• Attractive benefits package including paid sick time, medical, dental and vision benefits starting at 90 days of employment.
• Pension plan 401(k) with employer match is available after 3 months continuous employment.
• Paid holidays and vacation.
• Company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability.
Must be flexible to work both First and Second shift. Hours are as follows:
First Shift: 4:00am – 2:30pm Monday to Friday, and Saturday 4am – 10:00am
• During training period: 4:00am – 12:30pm Monday to Friday
Second Shift: 2:30pm – 1:00am Monday to Friday, and Saturday 10:00am – 4:00pm
• During training period: 2:30pm – 11:00pm Monday to Friday
• Shift differential pay (for second shift) of $2.25 per hour
• Perform any combination of following tasks: melting metal, pouring metal into molds, removing castings from molds, dressing castings, moving foundry materials, and cleaning equipment and work areas.
• Fit together, clamp, and unclamp cope and drag on production line.
• Install and remove steel jackets and bands used to hold snap molds together during casting.
• Break sand mold from finished casting, using bar or jack hammer.
• Sort castings into pairs or groups for assembly.
• Pull reinforcing wires from castings.
• Direct high pressure stream of water onto castings to clean castings and remove cores.
• Clean castings, patterns, and flasks, using wire brush.
• Remove gates, sprues, and other projections from castings with sledge, pneumatic hammer, power shear, or power hacksaw.
• Inspect product for areas that need sanding or grinding.
• Work towards eliminating product defects.
• Understand and practice safe usage of grinders and other tools.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED is / not required.
• Nice to have: experience in running sand machinery and operating hand machinery.
• Experience in a similar type of industry (construction and landscaping also advantageous).
• Comfortable in a Hot, Dusty and Noisy environment.
• Physical requirements include frequent lifting, standing, walking, and bending.
• Ability to frequently lift heavy materials of up to 50 lbs.
As an ITAR regulated facility all candidates must be fully entitled to work in the U.S. This job description is used to describe the general nature of the position only and is not inclusive of all duties and responsibilities.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.