We are a market leading foundry located in Glendale, AZ that produces Magnesium and Aluminum alloy castings for the aerospace industry. We currently have openings for General Laborers for the CoreRoom, Targeting, Finishing, Greensand Departments. Magellan Aerospace, Glendale, Inc. is a division of Magellan Aerospace Corporation an International Aerospace Corporation.
Magellan Aerospace, Glendale offers excellent career opportunities, competitive salary, health and pension benefits packages.
$11.50 per hour starting wage (DOE) increasing to $12.25 per hour upon completion of 6 month probationary period.
• Ability to complete work assignment within the time allotted
• Must be motivated, energetic and pay attention to details
• Ability to free lift up to 50 lbs., standing, walking, bending and stooping most of the day
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Must have good attendance and arrive to work on time
• Must be able to work overtime when required
• Must be able to work in a variety of different work environment both indoor and outdoor
• Position requires continuous walking / standing on concrete surface
• Repetitive hand, wrist movements, 8-10 hours daily
• Frequent lifting, bending and stooping
• Continuous use of hand motion / fine manipulation
• Good vision with/without correction
• Ability to work 2nd shift if assigned
• Demonstrated strong work ethic
• Detail orientated and able to multi-task
As an ITAR regulated facility all candidates must be a U.S. citizen or possess a current U.S. Permanent Residency card. This job description is used to describe the general nature of the position only and is not inclusive of all duties and responsibilities.
We offer a full benefits package including paid sick time, paid holidays and vacation your first year of employment (pro-rated). Medical, dental and vision is offered at 90 days employment. 401(k) with employer match is available after 3 months continuous employment. We have company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability.
To apply: please email your resume to: email@example.com or apply in person Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM (noon) at 5401 W. Luke Avenue, Glendale, AZ 85301. If you are currently working please contact us at the email shown to schedule an appointment if you are unavailable to apply in person during our application hours.
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.