Magellan Aerospace, Glendale has an exciting new opportunity for a Part Marker. The successful incumbent will have former experience in a manufacturing environment. The Part Marker will visually inspect castings for cast on lettering using part marking technique as guide.
Perks and Benefits
We offer a full benefits package including paid holidays and vacation your first year of employment (pro-rated). Medical, dental and vision is offered at 90 days employment. 401(k) with employer match is available after 3 months of continuous employment. We have company paid life insurance, short term and long term disability.
- Determine next order from daily schedule or Leadman
- Pull part marking technique from file
- Verify all operations on Travelers are complete
- Match traveler melt #’s to castings
- Visually inspect castings for cast on lettering using part marking technique as guide
- Review technique for standard and special instructions
- Determine lot size from Shipping Schedule
- Complete Final Inspection Worksheet
- Vibro-etch or ink stamp parts as required by technique
- Bring castings and travelers to Final Inspection staging area
- Assist Final Inspectors and Shipping as needed
- Other tasks deemed necessary by Supervisor
- No experience required, training will be provided
- Ability to learn to use calipers and gages
- Ability to use hardness tester
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!