Magellan Aerospace Processing, New York has a great opportunity for a General Helper / Shipper The successful incumbent will verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment or internal processing by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards. Please note this position operates under the night shift.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous 401k Pension Plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth
- Employee Assistance Program
- Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
- Free parking
- Perform incoming inspection of various parts or components
- Receive incoming goods, confirm accuracy and route appropriately to shop floor
- Assure all quality control documents are complete and included in outgoing shipments.
- Determine space requirements and position of shipment in trucks and lays out position of shipment.
- Ensure that materials shipped and received are verified against pertinent documentation
- Responsible for the timely processing of expedited deliveries
- Maintain a safe work environment by adhering to and enforcing safe work practices and following safety practice
- Safely operate equipment including forklift, stretch wrap machine and other required equipment
- Perform all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods
- Report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid Driving License
- Necessary training will be provided
- Familiar with IS09001, AS9100, Nadcap and Quality Management Systems
- Experienced forklift truck operator preferred Factory-related experience preferred
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. Magellan’s policy states that the use of face masks is mandatory, this is consistent with applicable legislation and guidance from occupational health and safety regulators. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.