Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value.
Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual and invest in our employees.
When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace New York has a new opportunity for General Helper / Sander. This is a full-time permanent position, where the successful candidate will support finish and painting processes for aerospace components, following company standard processes and guidelines. Please note that this position is on Night Shift (4:30pm to 1:00am). The pay range is $16/hr to $18/hr.
- Perform set-up for painting, fills out and maintains paperwork, coordinates work flow with painters and performs other paint shop responsibilities.
- Perform racking, un-racking, sanding, blasting, polishing, masking, unmasking, take down, touch up, part mark, oven operations and other finishing shop responsibilities.
- Utilize production work orders, documents, drawings, specifications, and written or oral instructions to perform tasks necessary to meet production requirements.
- Detect and report defective equipment, materials, and faulty operations to supervisor
- Maintain written and Visual Manufacturing records.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency.
- Follow work rules and standard safety regulations at all limes.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- U.S. Person status required due to export control
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- Basic computer literacy in Windows environment and basic literacy in MS Office
- Knowledge of and ability to apply basic mathematical skills to the work environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, team oriented, and ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Competitive salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Generous Company pension plan
- Positive work-life balance
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free parking
Magellan Aerospace is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our employees. All employees and visitors who enter our premises are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and are required to practice social distancing at all times. We have ensured that hand-sanitize stations are easily accessible and enhanced cleaning schedules have been implemented on a daily basis. Magellan supports public health guidelines and encourages employees to get vaccinated. Although mandates are not a requirement at Magellan, this may be subject to change and offers of employment may be contingent on vaccination status with respect to changes in legislation.
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Magellan Aerospace is committed to an inclusive working environment and equal opportunities for all. We welcome all applications without regard to social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or religious belief, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law)