Magellan Aerospace New York has a new opportunity for General Helper/ Metal Sander. This is a full-time permanent position, where the successful candidate will support finish and painting processes for aerospace components, following company standard processes and guidelines. Please note that this position is on Evening Shift (4:00pm-1:00am)
Perks and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Attractive benefits package
• Generous 401k Pension Plan
• Positive work-life balance
• Excellent career progression opportunities
• Commitment to professional growth
• Employee Assistance Program
• Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program (where applicable)
• Free parking
• Perform set-up for painting, fills out and maintains paperwork, coordinates work flow with painters and performs other paint shop responsibilities.
• Perform racking, un-racking, sanding, blasting, polishing, masking, unmasking, take down, touch up, part mark and other finishing shop responsibilities.
• Utilize production work orders, documents, drawings, specifications, and written or oral instructions to perform tasks necessary to meet production requirements.
• Detect and report defective equipment, materials, and faulty operations to supervisor
• Maintain written and Visual Manufacturing records.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area.
• Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others and maintain them over time.
• Identify opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency.
• Follow work rules and standard safety regulations at all limes.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• U.S. Person status required due to export control
• Basic computer literacy in Windows environment and basic literacy in MS Office
• Knowledge of and ability to apply basic mathematical skills to the work environment
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, team oriented, and ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities and communication styles
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Excellent attention to detail
Magellan Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.