12 month contract, work in office role
About Our Client
Our client, located in Vaughan, is looking to add a General Accountant to their team for a 12 month contract term. Reporting to the Controller, the General Accountant will assist with the preparation of financial statements with a focus on reconciliations and the month-end process.
This role is a work in office position.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliation, Canadian / US bank accounts
- Performing month-end close, journals
- Preparing monthly system generated financial reports
- Backup and if required: Trade and non-trade payables- verification, payments etc.
- Checking, coding and entering custom duties invoices
- Preparing and filing monthly HST tax returns, EHT, WSIB returns
- Preparing and filing twice monthly payroll source deductions remittance
- Preparing monthly Reps’ commissions
- Participating and supporting operations with year end inventory counts
- Assist with year-end audit, including the preparation of working papers, reconciliations and journal entries
- Preparing schedules and requesting from trade vendors monthly / quarterly rebates
- Requesting and following up on pending credits from all vendors
- Preparing schedules and payments of customers’ monthly / quarterly rebates
- 3 years plus working experience in similar accounting positions
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Strong organizational skills
- Hands-on experience with accounting software programs
- MS Excel including VLOOKUPs and pivot tables
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills