endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
General Job Description
The Gear Engineering Manager is responsible for providing leadership to global Gear Engineering team. The main responsibilities of this position are to manage the daily activities of the gear engineer(s) on new products, quality issues, VAVE and existing product enhancements opportunities. Primary duties include the following:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specify gear development requirements, quality levels, performance levels, and program scheduling.
- Design bevel gears, parallel axis gears, and splines to meet various customer requirements requests based on performance requirements in accordance within internal design process requirements.
- Manage development and processing of bevel gears for various automotive and commercial applications to meet customer requirements in a fast-paced prototype lab environment.
- Review and approve gear product drawings. Author detailed technical reports and presentations.
- Write engineering work orders, materials and test lab requests and then approve results and lab set-ups.
- Make key decisions on proposals, priorities and requirements following the Design Review Process.
- Review DVP&Rs and DFMEAs as well as participate in APQP.
- Review monthly customer vehicle warranty data and manage necessary actions for improvement.
- Provide technical support to our customers during vehicle development, launch, and production phases.
- Develop and support VAVE cost savings proposals.
- Perform benchmarking and competitive gear analyses.
- Individual & team performance reviews, sighting strengths / weakness with action plans for improvements.
- Provide technical support to the customer, manufacturing plants, assembly plants, and the sales department during sourcing, vehicle development, launch, and production.
- Strong organizational, team building, problem solving, planning, decision-making & interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-directed and motivated individual who is willing to accept responsibility.
- Must have at least a bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in mechanical engineering, or related technical field
- Minimum 8 years of experience in bevel gear powertrain engineering in the automotive, commercial vehicle, or off-highway industries.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in bevel gear design software from Gleason or Klingelnberg, cutting, lapping and MTE testing of hypoid gear.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Must be willing and able to work extra hours as necessary to complete assignments.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as needed based on business needs. Typical travel requirement is less than 15% with half being international.
- Must have at least 5 years of experience making written and verbal technical presentations in English to management and/or customers.
- Must be able to work in a team environment with co-workers and have good communication skills.
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.