Our client based in Oakville is looking for GIS Technical Specialist.
The candidate will be working with a collaborative and tightly integrated team of programmers, Data Science and QAs on a wide variety of existing and upcoming GIS-related software development projects.
- Will lead on to code and maintain the SDK for both iOS and Android.
- Will be responsible for proprietary Location Tracking and Proximity Detection technology.
- Collaborate with Mobile Development team to plan and integrate the Location technology into Mobile devices.
- Collaborate with QA on field-testing advanced in Location/Proximity technology.
- Collaborate with the Data BU engineers to store/process/derive the Location/Proximity data insights needed to power their Business Analytics products.
- Be a source of innovative ideas personally and via connections within the industry.
- Liaise with key external providers of key Location/Proximity technologies and associated knowhow.
- Keep abreast of evolving iOS and Android Mobile sensor hardware and software capabilities.
- Keep abreast of evolving advanced multi-sensor fused location techniques from academia
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/ Math or Computer/ Software/ Electrical related Engineering.
- Minimum 7+ years of overall experience – Software+ Hardware.
- Experience with mobile application development for Android and iOS.
- Professional experience/knowledge developing software using Swift or Objective-C
- In depth understanding of core OOP concepts.
- Java/Python/ Embedded programming knowledge/ experience.
- Proven ability to deliver complete product features, from design to release.
Nice to have:
- Mobile Proximity Analytics
- Mobile Location – based Services.
- Mobile Phone Sensors
- Geospatial Databases and GIS Systems.
- Machine Learning.
STACK IT Recruitment Inc., based in Mississauga, places candidates throughout the Greater Toronto Area. We pride ourselves in being the number one recruitment company in information technology. Don’t take our word for it – our track record of placing highly qualified candidates speaks for itself!