As a recognized leader in our field, The Guidance Center provides a broad range of services that have helped children, adults and families unlock potential and build better lives for more than 60 years. With 25 programs we offer treatment, prevention, growth and education services to more than 23,000 people annually. Together we: Nurture development. Foster resilience. Cultivate well-being.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Fund Development Officer to join our team of talented professionals.
The Fund Development Officer reports to the Director of Communications & Philanthropy and works with the CEO and Communications & Philanthropy staff, as well as the Board of Directors, to reach the agency’s fundraising goals. The Fund Development Officer establishes and maintains effective working relationships with a wide range of constituent groups, as well as participates in appropriate committees as assigned by the Director of Communications & Philanthropy. Additionally, the Fund Development Officer represents The Guidance Center in many public forums, therefore a high level of customer service and professionalism is essential. Regular working hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 to 5:00, however schedule varies according to attendance at evening events and functions and meetings with donors.
To qualify for this position, you will need:
- Bachelors Degree in Philanthropy, Business, Management, Journalism, English or other related field of study.
- At least five years of progressive fundraising experience, preferably in human services and/or education, with a track record of meeting or exceeding fundraising goals.
- Applicant must possess excellent organizational skills and strong and effective interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and donor database experience is a plus.
- Must have the ability to engage and maintain relationships with staff members, donors and members of the community at-large.
- Must demonstrate flexibility, patience and creativity.
- Must have pleasant disposition and professional appearance.
- A current valid driver’s license with favorable driving record is required.
- Additional requirements include a nonjudgmental approach that reflects cultural competency and sensitivity to the unique needs and diverse experiences of the diverse programs and populations our agency serves.
The Guidance Center believes that our team members are our most valuable resources, and we invest in them accordingly. We offer our employees a competitive salary, health/dental/vision benefits, 401(k), Life Insurance, a generous paid time off package, flexible scheduling opportunities, a team-oriented work environment and much more!
If you are interested in becoming part of our world-class team, please submit your resume on-line by clicking the “apply” button on the bottom of the screen.
The Guidance Center is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Click here to apply online