endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Functional Safety Engineer – ADAS / Active Safety.
We are seeking a Functional Safety Engineer (FUSA) to become an integral part of our growing team. This role will help to assure the safety of automotive radar in advanced driver/autonomous driver applications. The FUSA engineer will work directly with internal staff and its clients to develop verified safe products using leading-edge technologies while applying the knowledge of both mechanical engineering and ISO 26262 concepts.
We are the global tech leader in active safety and autonomous vehicle technology and supply the most advanced safety systems to virtually every OEM on the planet.
With 7500 employees in 13 countries, our growing team has the goal to lead the revolution underway in the automotive industry…we ARE creating the future technologies that will keep people safe in the coming millennium. Don’t continue to work for a follower; come to work for the pioneer everyone is chasing!
- Perform or serve as technical lead on functional safety activities for radar products during all project phases (concept, requirements, design, verification & validation and production) including safety analyses (HARA, DFMEA, FTA, DFA, FMEDA) consistent with the ISO 26262 standard
- Identify mechanical properties of assembly and mounting of radar sensors including stack-up tolerances with respect to the achievement of product safety goals and requirements.
- Provide input on the Development of functional safety concepts & associated architectures
- Specify detailed safety requirements, including diagnostic and software requirements
- Collaborate with functional safety manager, development team, project managers, customers and suppliers on technical aspects of functional safety
- Conduct technical reviews with product teams to ensure functional safety requirements are being met throughout product development cycles
- Other duties as required by your supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, mechanical, systems or computer engineering, Master’s preferred
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- 5+ years relevant work experience with engineering software and tools used in embedded control environments, including Matlab, Simulink, dSpace, LabView, HIL/SIL test environments, C code development, MISRA and other coding guidelines, and related tools and methods.
- Knowledge of Functional Safety Theory and experience with ISO 26262, certification preferred
- Experience with Automotive Product Development Life Cycle (Systems, Software, HW)
- Knowledge of Requirements Management tools (e.g., DOORS )
- Some familiarity with embedded software development
- The ability to communicate complex ideas succinctly and persuasively to peers, management and customers
- Strong technical leadership, problem solving, planning and organization/control skills
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English
- Uphold, educate and adhere to the Functional Safety Process
- Preferred: 3+ years in automotive safety related products