endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Join a $10B world leader as a Functional Safety Engineer
Our Position Summary
This position is responsible for Functional Safety Engineering work products for customer programs. Supports feature requirement decomposition and execution throughout the project lifecycle. Works closely with the Functional Safety Manager and the product development team to ensure all activities of the safety plan are performed.
- Lead safety related technical activities, within the project and as a customer interface
- Define the project safety activities
- Review or support the Hazard Analysis and Risk Assessment (HARA) and functional / technical safety concept as required.
- Perform design analysis to support the safety case development
- Contribute to feature requirement development and provide functional safety guidance on feature definition.
- Support safety requirement decomposition, through system architecture to component design.
- Support reviews of project artifacts (requirements, architecture and design documents)
- Ensure internal process deliverables are being met in accordance with ISO26262
- Support hardware, software and system development teams
- Support new tool qualification requirements as necessary
- 3-5 years of automotive Functional Safety Engineering experience
- Experience delivering a complete project with ASIL functional safety requirements.
- Working knowledge of ISO26262 and ASIL level requirements
- Experience working with a process standard (e.g. ASPICE)
- BS – Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with engineering V-cycle development processes
- Knowledge of embedded control software and software development processes
- Experience with system requirements management tools (Doors, Polarion, etc.)
- Experience with formal safety analysis tools (e.g. Medini Analyze)
- Ability to work effectively across functional and geographic boundaries in the interest of the customer and the business
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills
What we offer
- Responsible and varied tasks in a technically ambitious growth environment
- Challenging and future oriented projects
- Experience based individual training and career development
- Attractive compensation package and benefits
- Problem Solving
- Learning on the Fly
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Drive for Results
- Timely Decision Making
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Customer Focus
- Action Oriented
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.