endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Job Title: Functional Safety Engineer – Safety Systems
What we offer:
We develop cutting-edge technology for the Future. We have a very progressive and flexible work environment, fantastic culture and an amazing brand-new global Tech Center in Detroit with all the latest technology.
If you are looking for an advanced company this is it!
With 7500 employees in 13 countries we are the pioneers of the new wave of products hitting the transportation industry – smart bags & belts / cameras / RADAR / LiDAR / autonomy.
What you'll do:
Experienced safety analyst to conduct standard safety analyses and to provide feedback and guidance to the engineering design teams for systems, hardware, and software on safety findings and recommended design changes to improve automotive embedded safety systems.
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis
- FTA to the methods of NUREG-0492 and/or IEC 61025
- FMEA/FMECA to SAE J1739, VDA 4, and/or Mil-std-1629
- Safety requirements analysis at the system, hardware, and software level
- Dependent Failure /Common cause analysis
- Operating and Support Hazard Analysis
- Maintenance Safety Analysis
- Failure metrics analysis in accordance with ISO DIS-26262 and/or Safe Failure Fraction in accordance with IEC-61508.
- FTA and FMEA using computer aided analysis tools (E.g. ITEM Toolkit, Relex, Isograph, etc.)
- Reliability Predictions in accordance with IEC 62380, Mil-Hdbk-217 or Telcordia.
- Human Factors Analysis IAW Mil-Hdbk-1472 or equivalent.
What you'll bring:
- Bachelor in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Control Engineering, Physics or related if combined with development engineering experience in embedded control systems
- Preferred candidate possesses a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a safety analyst in an automotive environment. Other technical environments, including avionics and military (Mil-Std-882) will be considered.
- Prefer previous experience with Embedded Electronic Controls systems (E.g. Brake, Airbag, Steering)
- Prefer experience in applying safety according to ISO DIS 26262 standard, or secondly IEC 61508 standard.
- Prefer good understanding of embedded Software engineering and Hardware engineering domains
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.