endevis, a leading provider of recruitment solutions across North America, is committed to your success. We work with the best organizations in the world and have relationships you will not be able to connect to through your own networking. Allow our tenured Search Consultants to partner with you in representing your professional career goals in today’s highly competitive market. Apply today!
Functional Safety Engineer
Who we are:
The global technology leader in ADAS (automated driver assistance systems) and safety systems for the transportation industry (cameras / radar / LiDAR, Night Vision) is expanding rapidly and looking for a Functional Safety Engineer for a key role on a new project in their ADAS group.
Currently remote but eventually this will be located (with a flexible schedule) in a state-of-the-art facility less than 3 years old with a full fitness center and restaurant-like eatery.
They are working cooperatively with more than one OEM they are emerging as a leader in autonomous driving in addition to other technologies. With sales approaching $7b and 7500 employees in 13 countries this company is the place to be!
What you will do:
Lead Major OEM project with regards to full functional safety life cycle. Will need to be experienced in safety analysis methods and tools. Will need to provide feedback and guidance to the engineering design teams for systems, hardware, and software on safety needs. Will be required to recommend requirement, design, and V&V changes to improve the project’s safety needs.
- Create, Maintain, and control the work products for the full safety life cycle. Including experience, however not limited to, in the following:
- DIA and Safety Plan(s)
- Preliminary Hazard Analysis
- Maintain a functional safety conversation with the customer and internals regarding all phases of the project.
- Work with functional safety team to understanding the global templates, training, and assessments.
- FTA experience from create to analysis.
- FMEA/FMEDA, will need to understand and calculate HW metrics
- Safety requirements analysis at the system, hardware, and software level
- Dependent Failure /Common cause analysis
- Operating and Support Hazard Analysis
- Safety V&V plans
What you'll bring:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science.
- Preferred candidate possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a safety analyst/engineer/manager in an automotive environment.
- Minimum project experience ASIL-B projects.
- Good understanding of embedded Software engineering and Hardware engineering domains
- Automotive Cyber Security skills/experience a plus
endevis, LLC. and all companies represented are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.